Monday, February 1, 2021

Oreo oreo

 Yesterday is the last day of the month, 31.1.21 Sunday and is also my weekly grocery buying at de market supermarket.

Saw these oreos at MYR 2.99 each so bought one each of the different flavours as I have never eaten oreo cookies, not that I can remember anyway.

12.46 noon, I ate at least one each to test the flavours of the fillings. The mini original oreo cookies are very cute. The cookies are delicious but the fillings of original white, chocolate, peanut butter & chocolate, and dark chocolate & white is a bit too sweet for me. All of them are made in Indonesia. 

For the red velvet oreo cookies, I couldn't taste the cheese in the fillings so I shall eat more of them on wed to identify its taste.

For the red velvet, I was surprised to read "Food additives are of plant and synthetic origins, except carmine (insect)."

I wonder what insect and google for the answer. The result shows this article:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/red-food-dye-cochineal-bugs_n_56fafd25e4b083f5c605f3dd

It seems that the red colour used for food is from an insect called cochineal. To think now only I know this info. So do you read the ingredients list of the food that you buy?

Then I went to Giant supermarket and bought Marie biscuits and chocolate biscuits under the tiger brand which has changed their packaging. I also bought a pack of mini oreo cookies at MYR 1 Nett.

Giant supermarket sells the MYR 2.99 oreo cookies at MYR 2.39 Nett. 60 cents lower. Since I have bought the oreo cookies at de market, I didn't buy them again at giant.

The oreo cookies original price is MYR 3.50 but de market supermarket sells them at MYR 2.99 Nett.

14 comments:

  1. I'm not into Oreos but I would like to try that red velvet one. I love Red Velvet cake. Interesting article - we learn new things every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to like Oreo but now i find them too sweet. U never eaten Oreo before? Not even in Mcflurry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not eaten oreo as a whole cookie with fillings. The McFlurry doesn't have oreo fillings, just have the biscuit oreo cookie with all crushed into powder form.

      Delete
  3. I also bought a few new flavours of Oreo as they looked interesting. But the kids weren't much interested and I also found them too sweet, so not planning to get more. It's nice though that you have all the flavours at the same time, can munch and compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fillings are definitely too sweet so I am scrapping them off and not eating them. Just eat the biscuit cookie.

      Delete
  4. I find them rather sweet. Not to my liking. Seldom buy for the kids unless they request. They only go for the original flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fillings r sweet. Will scrap the fillings and throw them away.

      Delete
  5. I have eaten the original flavour and I too find them too sweet for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article guys :) have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oreos. I see that you have had the red version as well. I just got mine as well the other day.

    ReplyDelete