Thursday, February 4, 2021

24 Plant-Only Meals

I bought 24 meals to be delivered over 11 days from www.pbhall.org aka Plant Based Health Alliance so the meals will only contain plants. Each meal costs MYR 21 Nett with a flat delivery fees of MYR 4 nett. Lunch and dinner will be delivered together during lunch time from 11 am to 12.30 noon. Everyday there are 3 choices: A, B, C except on special days, there is an additional choice of D. There are 28 unique meals appearing on a rotation basis.

Day 1 Tuesday 2.2.21 - Meal B - Nasi Impit aka compressed rice with blue colour from the Clitoria ternatea aka butterfly pea flower has a rich rice taste so I can eat them plain just like that. This is a plant only version of Gado Gado with tempeh, tofu, potatoes, blanched cabbage, raw tomatoes, cucumber, beansprouts, long beans, julienned red carrots, purple cabbage and peanut sauce. The peanut sauce has a tinge of spiciness.

Meal C - Light and fluffy Basmati rice with stir fried kailan. Brinjals, red bell peppers, okra, long bean, baby corn, broccoli, green chili and cucumber are mixed in a very tasty green curry gravy. 

Meal A - brown soba noodles with napa cabbages. Something is missing from this meal so they replaced it for me in the next day's Delivery as it is not environmental friendly to send a delivery person to my place again just to deliver the missing item. Can you guess what is the item that is missing?

Day 2 Wednesday 3.2.21 - Meal C is the replacement meal or rather compensation meal for the missing item on Day 1.  Basmati rice with cold cloud ear fungus mixed with vinegar which is a cold appetiser in Beijing. The slices of tofu looks good on top of french bean, red carrot, slices of ginger and capsicum. The small tub contains soy sauce.

Meal A - raw lettuce salad, purple sweet potatoes mash and a stew of 3 types of pulses, mung beans with skin,  carrot,  corn,  green peas, onion,  tomatoes cooked in tomato gravy. The small tub contains a mayo dip either for dip or for the salad dressings which I didn't try.

Meal B - stir fried spinach, tofu with brown rice. Bean sprouts, shiitake mushrooms, pickles, cucumber and red carrot is in the top left compartment. This meal is inspired by Bibimbap so the sauce is Gochujang which is spicy. I tried a bit of the sauce and found it to taste like Fu yu. I ate all the vegetables without mixing them up with the Gochujang sauce.

Close up photo of the lentils stew. I prefer the lentils to be softer.

Compostable containers are used. According to this online article:

Compostable containers should be thrown into composting heaps and not as thrash which will end up in a landfill. A landfill doesn't have the right conditions for any compostable containers to break down.

The 3 Containers with the food are delivered like this for 11 days.

22 comments:

  1. Healthy plant based meal...After 11days i would crave for meat๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if allow you to eat meat alongside these plant based meal, I also don't know whether or not you can stand eating so much vegetables in one meal with very low oil content.

      Delete
  2. They all look good and yes, it is good that they use compostable containers, a commendable effort, indeed. Wowwwww!!! You're going vegetarian for 11 days? I think I wouldn't mind that for a meal...or to the most, a day. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meals are so colorful and look very appetizing. I am perfectly happy with vegetarian meals but I admit that I get hungry very fast due to lack of animal protein. I suppose it is a matter of getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste good too without the oil that is usually in chapfan dishes as this is clean eating so the meals are not oily. True, I get hungry fast too. And the body has to adjust to eating more beans else there would be lots of gas. ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  4. I dont think I can stand plant based meal for so long. Haha. I am a meat person. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can eat both just eat more vegetables.

      Delete
  5. I believe I could only stand eating...all-plants...for one day only. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very healthy. Too healthy. *runs away

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks very healthy... I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like your dhall curry but without the meat

      Delete
  8. The healthy food look delicious. I feel like cooking some lentil stew, but I will have to add some meat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! I salute you for ordering so many days of plant based meals. It must have curry everyday for me otherwise I pengsan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so for every meal, you also eat curry?

      Delete
  10. I wonder whether I will get use to eating so many plant based meals, even though I do keep to my practice of eating vegetarian on chor yat and 15th of the Chinese Lunar Month. But I guess plant based and vegetarian are slightly different right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plant based meals are cooked entirely using plants, no dairy, no eggs and no soy products that have been processed and seasoned to taste like duck, pork, chicken, fish and other meat so no processed soy fake meat.

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome! ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete