Thursday, February 25, 2021

KitKat Gold Ice Cream

 Thursday 25.2.21 CNY Day 14. One more day to Chap Goh Mei so anyone is planning to lou sang one final time this year on Chap Goh Mei?

After seeing the advertisement for this kit kat gold at the petrol station but they are out of stock and reading it on STP 25.1.21 post, I finally bought one from Family Mart to try. Not sure how much I paid for it but an online search says that the price is MYR 4.50 Nett.

The golden coating with the embedded wafer and caramel flakes is very crunchy and crispy. More so than the usual kit kat ice cream with chocolate coating. I find the golden coating to be very sweet due to the caramelized sugar which I kept biting into like thin glass pieces. Contrary to STP's post (he didn't eat, his family ate this gold kit kat and said it is salty) that the coating is salty, I find the coating very sweet instead though salt is listed in the ingredients. Maybe it is a matter of QC so there are more salt in STP's kit kat gold.

The ice cream fillings do not taste as sweet as the golden coating. I taste malt though malt is not in the list of ingredients.

This ice cream is made locally in Negeri Sembilan and is 85 ml. The ingredients are vegetable oil (palm, coconut, sunflower), milk solids (cow's milk), sugar and brown sugar, glucose syrup, wafer (wheat flour, palm kernel oil, glucose powder, stabilisers, salt, emulsifier (contain soy lecithin)), caramel flakes (sugar, cocoa butter, rice starch, sodium bicarbonate, flavouring), cocoa butter, maltodextrin, emulsifiers (contain soy lecithin), colouring, stabilisers, flavouring, caramelised sugar. Warning: may contain peanuts, tree nuts and eggs.

As Ice cream is my favourite indulgence, I couldn't resist buying raspberry yogurt cornetto ice creams online. Add on Top Ten ice cream as well for a total of MYR 80.40 Nett. I wonder when I will receive them.

Updated with photo taken from Family Mart on 24.mar.21 on the price is MYR 4.90




22 comments:

  1. We only had it once, my missus and my girl. I'm staying away from cold things these days. They loved it! Said it was not so sweet, salty - I did not try myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why stay away from cold things? You got fong sap?

      Delete
    2. Old man, almost 70, best not to take cold things. Even my kopi-o-peng these days, only kopi-o...no more peng. And no aerated drinks like Coke, just a glass, iced...and I would be coughing the whole night, no sleep! And an ice-cold beer, I'll end up with a gout attack!!!

      Delete
    3. Ya, like that, best not to take cold food/drink. May you be blessed with good health in this niu year!

      Delete
  2. If this is very sweet then I shall not try it. Thanks for the review and your many reviews that tempted me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Only the coating is sweet. The filling or main ice cream is not sweet.

      Delete
  3. not into ice cream, coz many tend to be overly sweet. Thanks for the review, now that i know how it taste like i wouldn't be so curious anymore...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested to try if it is not too sweet. If it is too sweet, then I better stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the coating is very sweet. The main ice cream is not that sweet.

      Delete
  5. Just now I bought 10 sticks of cempedak ice cream potong... used waze and drove to this lady's house to collect.. not cheap, 3.50 each... but very creamy and nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be home made, your cempedak ice cream. I have never seen cempedak ice cream here. If made from cempedak flesh, it should be extremely tasty.

      Delete
  6. I am interested to try this Kit Kat gold ice cream, did not see it in sg supermarkets or convenience stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure, I would love to try this Kit Kat Gold Ice Cream. What I took so long to finish was the Chocolate Kit Kat Cones. It was too sweet even for a sweet toothed like me! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the crunchy coating but it is sweet.

      Delete
  8. The stick of ice-cream seems very small compared to the wrapper. I will stay away since you say this is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But u will like the crunchy coating.

      Delete
    2. Somehow I don't eat a lot of ice-cream. I think coz I'd like to slowly savour them, which would result in ice-cream dripping all over haha.

      Delete
    3. Turn on your aircond to the coldest setting n then only eat the ice cream 🍨🍦 😋😋

      Delete