Saturday, February 27, 2021

BK Salmon Mentaiko Burger

 Saw the advert for burger king salmon Mentaiko Burger so decided to buy it to try.

11.39 am - Double salmon patty set is MYR 19.80 and single salmon patty set is MYR 15.50, just a difference of MYR 4.30 so I decided to buy double patty because I like to eat salmon. Top up MYR 1.50 for a large set for takeaway.

Bought a tendergrill chicken burger ala carte at MYR 10 nett and onion rings large for MYR 5.90 nett. Bought a set of long chicken burger and cheesy fries for MYR 11.50 nett by using a coupon on a separate bill because I was told to use the coupon, it has to be on a separate bill.

This is the coupon offer. Save MYR 4.95 nett.

2.24 pm - ate the cheesy fries and onion rings, kept the fries for the next day. I like the onion rings - thick and fat. The cheesy fries are nice too.

5.37 pm - early dinner. DM is written on the wrapper so it means this burger is a double Mentaiko (double salmon patty) burger. The burger is just the normal standard size burger, not the premium size burger which is bigger.

Side view - why only one patty? Guess they left out one patty. Didn't contact them to lodge a complaint because one patty is not worth the time.

Can't see the Mentaiko (cod roe). Cut out a small section of the salmon patty and put it on its side to show the texture of the patty.

A close up look at the texture of the patty. It is reconstituted salmon meat and is pinkish in colour. The texture is softer than the texture of chicken patties. I can't detect any salmon taste. I prefer fish patties with flaky fish meat so I don't think I will buy this salmon burger again.

14 comments:

  1. I wish we had BK here, their burgers are nice. Oh? So the salmon one isn't good? My girl loves salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa would be disappointed with this salmon burger I believe.

      Delete
  2. I like salmon too. Long time did not go to BK. Too far from my place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...i think i will skip tis burger since it has no salmon taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If curious and don't have high expectations, can try la.

      Delete
  4. Since you say cannot detect any Salmon taste, i will give this burger a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think so. Will check it out when I visit BK again.

      Delete
    2. Oic, thanks for your reply.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear. I would feel conned after seeing your photos as salmon has its own signature quality and texture. Better eat normal fish burgers from McD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a disappointment for you then. First the missing patty and then the quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be thankful to be able to eat and enjoy the food taste.

      Delete