Friday, February 5, 2021

Luan Luan Eat

Luan Luan here is 亂 or 乱 in Chinese, meaning messy or disorganised. Luan Luan Eat is referring to mixing clean eating with fast food eating. I will eat what I like to eat so the result is this mixture as I like to eat plant based food but yet I like to eat fast food, ice cream, cakes, biscuits and desserts. I guess I just found out as I age, I don't like to eat pork and chicken anymore, cannot stand the smell of chicken and pork.

Day 3, Thu 4.feb.21 - Meal A from www.pbhall.org - the two dishes are tempeh, tofu, potatoes rendang and pucuk manis with sweet potatoes in coconut milk gravy. A tasty and wholesome plant based rendang. Good to eat with the soft and fluffy Basmati rice.

Meal B - The name of this meal is "Colourful Superfood Salad" with its red, green, yellow capsicums, beans, corns, purina leaves and pickled olives. The tub contains balsamic vinegar for the bottom left lettuce, onion, tomato salad.

Close up - quinoa underneath the Colourful toppings. Clean eating as this meal is not oily and taste refreshingly good.

I didn't order the meal below because I am not curious to find out how it tastes like.

I noticed the adverts below:
Too bad I can't stand spicy food so I won't be ordering the new mcd spicy chicken apple burger.

No to chocolate and pretzel bits mcFlurry because I still have many Wall's ice creams in my fridge.

Yes to the limited edition McD Orange Custard pie.

Yes also to KFC Chili Cheese Balls.

McD orange custard pie - both of us quite like the light pleasant taste of orange in this pie but I read that some customers feel that there is a medicine taste. The taste reminds me of Mandarin oranges. It is just sauce with no orange bits. The custard is negligible because I didn't notice its taste.

Taken with flash. Can see the translucent orange sauce next to the custard.

Without flash.

The orange sauce is not thick but not that thin either, just the right consistency in allowing it to flow and not be very sticky.

KFC Chili Cheese Balls - not too salty, is cheesy enough and creamy. The chili inside the cheese is not that hot so I can eat these balls.

Close up view. Tasty for people who loves to eat cheese.

Not wise to eat so much fast food after eating healthy food, eh? 😆 But I don't mind because I am eating what I like to eat, not eating for health purpose since I prefer to die around 60ish or earlier.

21 comments:

  1. Those food packs sure are not luan luan, so neatly packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! I mean the way I eat is disorganized. Eat healthy and then go eat fast food.

      Delete
  2. Lol! Waste effort of eating healthy food but added up with fast food😅 New burgers in McD? Tht means prosperity burger will be out of menu soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean? Eating healthy food is not wasted cos the healthy food taste really good. Furthermore getting more fibers into the body is always good, never wasted. Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember yesterday when I buy the pie whether or not prosperity burgers are still there or not. But should be right? Cos not cny yet. Let me check today.

      Delete
    2. I thought u are maintaining clean eating before CNY feast? the 'waste effort' means u break the chain of continuous days of clean eating coz suddenly the deep fried oily food gets into the digestive system.

      Delete
    3. No la. I just got tired of eating meat because Everytime eat meat I feel like a barbarian and I cannot stand chicken smell nowadays so curious how plant based food taste like. Found that plant based food I like a lot cos very less oil, not overly salty, not overly sweet but I still like to eat cakes, fast food, ice cream so I am still eating them cos I just want to eat what I like to eat. I found that I don't like to eat meat anymore.

      Delete
    4. You are right. I just look at the mcd delivery app, prosperity burgers are not selectable. So means ended?

      Delete
  3. If you ask me, the fast food balances out the too-healthy food hehe. Meal B is presented very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, that is one way of looking at it.

      Delete
  4. Nothing "luan" about their food at all. Ha :D Everything looked quite organized if you ask me.

    The latest range from McD is kinda weird...apples and chicken? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely nothing luan about their food. Luan is referring to eating clean for lunch n eating fast food in the evening. Maybe u will try the apples and chicken burger?

      Delete
  5. Oh, you are still so young and you cannot stand the meat smell anymore! hahaha... I thought I was the one.. no la, I am not going vegan yet but I prefer more vege to meat these days. I will cook more vege instead.. meat is secondary now except for boiling soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, younger than you but no longer that young. I see all your home cooked vege meals, all very tasty!

      Delete
  6. Wakakakaka You are so hilarious. First time I hear someone who wish to die around 60s or earlier. All my Hospice patients wished for just another year to live but didn't.

    I have always wished that I could become a vegan if the dishes are served like Yishenshu Restaurant at 1-U. So delicious and tasty. I have started cutting down on beef and mutton after getting married. Now less pork and chicken too. I think my spiritual chanting makes my body to distance from meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, maybe on my dying bed, I would want another year. Not there yet so won't know. Maybe you would like these vege meals from pbhall too.

      Delete
    2. Talking about life and death topic, actually it is not a bad thing to die around 60s cos that time not as old and frail as 80s, life is actually a suffering from buddhist point of view so it might be a suffering to live too old.

      Delete
    3. I don't eat beef at all, but I do eat pork, mutton and chicken. I still keep to my practice of eating vegetarian on chor yat and 15th of the Chinese Lunar Month.

      Delete
    4. Plus live long life if got money and healthy then is a blessing, but if old, sick plus no money live so old will be a torture, so i think it is normal if you think you wish to die around age 60s cos i ever thought about it before too.

      Delete
    5. Thank you for sharing about your views on this. What are your views on euthanasia?

      Delete
  7. Love your colourful meals. They look good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very delicious cos not oily, not that salty and not that sweet. Portion is just too much for me.

      Delete