Saturday, February 20, 2021

Midvalley after 89 days

Saturday 20.2.21 is CNY Day 9 where Hokkiens bai tian gong aka pray to the Jade Emperor. The fireworks and prayers start on the night of CNY Day 8. During the day of CNY Day 8, I spotted street vendors selling long sugar canes tied together with red ribbons to be used for the prayers.

Yesterday I went to Midvalley Mall to buy groceries after my previous trip there on Sunday 22.11.20 which is 89 days ago.

As it was a weekday, there wasn't that many people around but the shops are all opened for business. There are new shops too. We didn't dine in, just buy takeaway food after buying the groceries.

CNY decor for Midvalley Mall. Very clean lines and minimalist, refreshing to the eyes.

The Gardens Mall just put up red ribbon banners to make it look like a big lantern hanging up there.

Saw this Tiffany light blue cake at Tokyo Secret Cafe. Don't think I can eat a cake with this light blue colour. 

Nene chicken is now Mala Mala. Back in July 2020, Nene chicken restaurant was closed.

Honolulu Cafe is now replaced by Sushi Jiro.

Happy to see Hazukido  croissants being sold here.

Ban Heang kiosk. I stopped by here to buy the assam laksa Puff. Will be in my next post.

16 comments:

  1. Thx for updates. Now i feel like goin there too. My last visit to MidV was 2 months ago. This year CNY deco in MidV is the simplest compared to its previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to go on weekdays so that will have less shoppers. True, no point putting up elaborate cny decor when there are fewer people.

      Delete
  2. So good, nobody around! I avoid the big supermarkets and malls, usually more people. I prefer the small shops in the quiet areas - maybe the things are more expensive and many things may not be available but I like how there is nobody other than the shopkeeper(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still got people but much lesser than during weekends. Here the small shops near my place got many customers all the time.

      Delete
  3. I honestly miss MidValley a lot. It is the place my wife always go dating back in uni years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After pandemic is done, you and your family can visit Midvalley Mall again.

      Delete
  4. Not much of a decor in malls this year. All pretty minimal.

    Used to enjoy walking and shopping in Mid-Valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No point having elaborate deco when so few people around. You too are like Tekkaus. Midvalley Mall mgmt would be pleased to know this.

      Delete
  5. Never thought will miss going to malls so much. Looks like quite a lot has changed since your last visit.

    Light blue colour is fine if it comes from butterfly pea flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still go to malls like one utama mall, right? Not sure where they get the light blue for the cake. I thought butterfly pea flower blue is more to purplish.

      Delete
    2. My last mall visit was during Xmas which is 2 months already. Itching to go again. The flower is bluish unless add acid which turns it purplish. Acid like lemon juice.

      Delete
  6. Don't think I can accept cake with blue colour too. I like minimalist decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think many cake shops are using the natural Blue Pea flowers for blue colouring now. I guess it should be safe. That rainbow cake with 7 strong colours is more scary and I was forced to eat them at kiddos birthday parties. Bluek!!!

    ReplyDelete