Sunday, February 21, 2021

Ban Heang Signature Laksa Puff

Sunday 21.2.21 CNY Day 10 - a day to go out and buy takeaway food. We are still not dining out yet. Yesterday we went out once to buy takeaway food and stayed home the rest of the time.

On Friday 19.2.21 CNY Day 8, I got the chance to buy the Signature Laksa Puff that I mentioned in Dec 2020.

The signature laksa Puff contains laksa noodles.

This is the Ban Heang kiosk in Midvalley Mall. It opened for business in Dec 2020.

I see the Laksa Puff - only two are available at that time so I bought both of them at MYR 5 each with a free hot drink - white coffee, black coffee or tea so I chose two white coffee drinks.

Size comparison by putting a standard size fork next to it

Thin pastry skin. Lots of fillings.

Can you spot the few strands of laksa noodles? Can clearly see a piece of chicken breast meat with lots of tuna flakes surrounding it. Just a little spicy, more sweet with laksa lemongrass taste. It is worth a try with the free hot drink at MYR 5 Nett for each set of puff and hot drink.

We also bought 2 Chicken curry puffs with a free hot drink each in which we selected two black coffee drinks. He prefers this chicken curry puff with a small wedge of hard-boiled eggs in it than the laksa Puff. I guess it is because the taste of curry puff is more familiar to him.

After buying groceries at Midvalley Mall, we were very hungry but we don't want to dine in so we quickly buy 5 small siu mai and 10 mini char siew baos to eat immediately inside our car in the car park from the BOD kiosk as there is no queue. I like that now they accept credit card payment.

Two mini siu mai out of the five. MYR 5.60+ 6% set.

6 mini char siew bao out of 10 so we ate 4 in the car. MYR 15.90+6%sst.

Cross section showing a lot of lean meat in the tiny bao.

Ban Heang accepts credit card payments too.

When in Aeon Supermarket, I can't help myself when I saw Aeon pandan layer cake at the outside bakery section so I bought two packs at a promo price of MYR 9.90 Nett. Normal price is MYR 5.47 for one pack. At 3 pm, I ate some of the pandan layer cake with Ban Heang foc white coffee. I just love the texture of the hoen kwe pandan layer part of the cake and that it is not that sweet. Although RT Pastry and TK Bakeries' pandan layer cakes are of better quality, I still prefer to eat Aeon pandan layer cake due to the texture of the pandan layer and the fact that it is not that sweet. I will buy it again the next time I go to Aeon Supermarket.

23 comments:

  1. That laksa puff looks really good. Dunno when I can hop over and get to try it!!! Sighhhh!!!
    I also bought char siew pao and sio bee that day - today's blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sio bee you bought looks very tasty. By end of this year, u would be Able to fly.

      Delete
  2. Never tasted laksa puff. Yours sure looked nice. I want the char siew bao too. Haha. Hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think only this ban heang sells laksa puffs.

      Delete
  3. I want to try laksa puff too. Looks so delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m goin to look for tht laksa puff next time i go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alamak! I forgot to check if Aeon bakery at 1U has the pandan layer cake. When I read your post this morning, I meant to check. Next week then. I would love to try the laksa puff if I come across it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully ban Heang would open a kiosk in one utama. Fingers crossed that pandan layer cake is sold in aeon bakery in one utama.

      Delete
  6. I like the Aeon's Pandan layer cake. Delicious and affordable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything above looks good, from the curry puffs, to the char siew bao and pandan layer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the laksa puff isn't sour?

    The mini paos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't call it sour. Maybe got a tiny tiny tinge of sourness only. The mini baos are very convenient to eat. Just pop pop pop one after another into the mouth.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Go eat some then cos I am sure there are some near u.

      Delete
  10. I miss eating Kaya layer cake too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so tempting with Laksa Flavour! I wanna try it. I was there last week to buy crystals at the LG floor and bought Beard Papa cream puffs instead. Their prices have hit the ceiling now. I told my wife to make the exact cream puffs for me as their costs is like only 50 sen each. Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, u like crystals then u can visit this insta, got nice crystal:
      https://instagram.com/lazystonex.x

      Delete
  12. Saw the laksa puffs at the Ban Heang shop in Genting Highlands. Was curious, so bought one to try. Gosh - I was addicted to it immediately! Love the unique laksa-ish taste. Ended up buying a box of it every time I pass by there.

    ReplyDelete