Monday, February 22, 2021

Sunday Noodles

Monday 22.2.21 CNY Day 11 - we are staying home all day with no delivery because we have to clear all the food we bought yesterday from the fridge. 

Yesterday, Sunday 21.2.21 CNY Day 10, we went to Ming Hin Coffee Shop at Lucky Garden, Bangsar to buy takeaway food especially the dry 3jc mihun mixed hor fun. Ming Hin Coffee Shop used to be known as Sun Huat Kee Coffee Shop.

11.42 am - Mee Jawa at MYR 7 nett. I kept all the yellow noodles for the next day and only put a swirl of yellow noodles here. There are two types of fritters, half a hard boiled egg, a few slices of bean curd, coriander, beansprouts and a lime. There are no boiled potatoes which I like so I prefer Sepetang coffee shop's Mee jawa to this one.

I put just enough gravy into this dish and kept the remaining gravy in the fridge. The gravy is not thick and taste sweet and sour with a tiny tiny tinge of spiciness.

10.30 am. Shared this Dry 3jc mihun mixed horfun for MYR 7 Nett. We went to this coffee shop just for this dish because I like the gooey texture of the mihun mixed with horfun and he likes the taste of the dark soy sauce used to mix the noodles together with a tinge of bitterness and caramel taste. I ate my portion at 6.50 pm.

6.40 pm - our shared dinner of wanton noodles with Wantons and char siew at MYR 6.50 Nett bought from Chun Heong coffee shop which is a few shop lots away from Ming Hin coffee shop. The above is my portion. Just 3 mouthfuls but is very satisfying and enough since I am eating my portion of 3jc too.

10.14 am - char siew and siew yuk without rice from Ming Hin coffee shop at MYR 7 Nett.

10.14 am - both of us shared this curry mihun mixed with yellow noodles for lunch from Ming Hin at MYR 7.50 nett. The curry gravy is slightly sweet but I find it salty with only a tinge of spiciness. Not spicy so it is suitable for me. The toppings are taopok, pork skin, cockles, chicken meat, long bean, beansprouts, and brinjals. More ingredients than the curry Mee from New Lian Hin coffee shop but the curry gravy from New Lian Hin has the fragrance of lemongrass so we prefer the latter curry gravy. So Sunday is all about noodles.

 *** Monday 22.2.21 CNY Day 11 ***
*** Clear Noodles Day ***

9.30 am - remaining of the 2 of 2 wownana banana bread. Supposed to keep for one week in the fridge so today is the day 8 so we better eat it all.

9.40 am - I can only manage to eat this small portion before feeling full. The banana bread is very dense so it fills up the hunger with just a small portion. One more day and it will be cleared.

11.44 am - shared the 2 of 2 pack of dry 3jc mihun mix hor fun from Ming Hin coffee shop.

5.18 pm - I have to clear the yellow Mee, curry gravy and chicken breast meat. The roast chicken breast meat is bought from Chun Heong coffee shop yesterday at MYR 5 Nett.

I cut up the chicken breast meat.

5.36 pm - Ming Hin Bamboo noodles at MYR 7 Nett. The noodles is quite similar to wanton noodles. We heated up the noodles in the remaining curry gravy but we couldn't taste the curry grave after that due to the strong dark gravy of the bamboo noodles.

6.21 pm - the last bit of the yellow noodles mixed with the Mee jawa gravy.

14 comments:

  1. The curry broth looks rich, very lemak. I would love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not spicy, very lemak with lots of ingredients!

      Delete
  2. there's alot of ingredients in the curry mee...how much is the noodle & where is this Ming Hin coffee shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodle is MYR 7.50 Nett. This ming Hin coffee shop is in lucky garden, bangsar near Bangsar Village shopping center. The road is Lorong Ara Kiri 2.

      Delete
  3. The curry mee looks delicious. Whenever I have cleared all the food from the fridge, I can feel a sense of relief. I still have lots to clear from the freezer. Just hope there won't be another MCO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely need to schedule to clear the fridge to prevent wastage. No mco means you will be dining out, even more no chance to clear your freezer.

      Delete
  4. All the ingredients on the first serving and the poor noodles so naked on the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodles are from Mee jawa and I put into the remaining curry gravy. The noodles are not from the curry stall.

      Delete
  5. I like all the ingredients in the curry mihun with noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been many moons since I last ate at Ming Hin and other coffee shops. I used to eat there when I lived in Taman Desa until they had parking problems for me. They never finish digging the drains and laying pipes & cables till now. Agree? Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete