Saturday, February 6, 2021

Vege Tofu vs Jamaican Food

Day 4 Friday 5.feb.21 of eating vege meals from www.pbhall.org and I got all 3 meals.

Meal C: Nasi Lemak - basmati rice in coconut milk; tempeh and peanuts in the small container; tofu masak merah in tomato onion cinnamon gravy; acar jelatah - pickled cucumber, pineapple, onion, red chili, garlic; and stirfry turmeric cauliflower, long bean, baby corn, and red carrot. Both of us shared this dish for lunch at 1.10 pm.

Meal B: Basmati rice; red spinach with red Chili; and tofu with baby tomatoes in lentil gravy. Portion is huge so I just ate a bowl and kept the remaining tofu lentil gravy and basmati rice in the fridge for the next day.

Meal A: barley as rice; cucumber onion dill herb salad; and potato, bean, corn, pumpkin, red carrot stew. Portion again is huge so I ate a bowl and kept the remaining in the fridge for the next day.

12.30 noon - This small portion from meal A is enough for me. I like the taste and bouncy texture of the round and plump barley.

12.40 noon - my portion from meal B. Like the red chili with red spinach.

*** Thursday 28.Jan.21 Jamaican Food ***

Back in January 2021, I saw this Jamaican food being advertised on insta and decided to give it a try since I have not eaten Jamaican food.

I bought 6 Jamaican dishes to try. Delivery fees is MYR 15 using Grab Express since the seller is located quite far away from my place. I will show each dish one by one each day.

The half chicken is served in an aluminium container with Jollof rice, fried plantains aka large bananas, spinach callalo, and half beetroot pickled egg. Can you spot the half beetroot pickled egg? Huge portion for only MYR 28.90 Nett. I only nibbled on each item to test the taste and gave the remaining food away.

1.30 pm - kept the breast meat in the fridge for another day. He ate the chicken thigh and drumstick - smokey wood taste. Chicken tastes fresh. 

I ate only the wing portion and after all these rich flavourful meat dishes, I yearn to eat lighter vege meals. Thus ended up buying the 24 vege meals for 11 days. That is the background story. Not because of wanting to eat clean before CNY gorging.

Vege Tofu meals vs flavourful chicken meal? I say eat a bit of both as both portions are huge! Doesn't need to be exclusive unless wanting to live a devoted vegan life.

14 comments:

  1. That Jamaican combo looks gorgeous! I sure would want to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look good and delicious and I am feeling hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Jamaican food? Talking about exotic dishes to fill your tummy. I would not mind trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamaican food?? I could only imagine it is slughtly on spicy side. Different flavour from what we normally eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamaican food, so exotic! I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So did you like the Jamaican food? Looks different from the food we normally see here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is fine. They have the nice smokey taste.

      Delete
  7. Jamaican food? The rice looks a bit like those in Indian Cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to taste the food to know the difference. All base food looks alike.

      Delete