Saturday, February 13, 2021

Pineapple Tart Sofuto

Saturday 13.2.21 is CNY Day 2. I am having two meals from www.pbhall.org again but I am going to eat all sorts of food like what I did on CNY Day 1.

CNY Day 1, 10.12 am - Two sofuto aka soft serve ice cream from Family Mart just for me because he can detect milk taste in them. I ate both of them in the car.

Right: Pineapple Tart Sofuto - the ice cream is pineapple flavour, tangy and sweet, very refreshing. The base is tart crust pastry which is just acceptable.

Left: Caramel Dalgona Coffee Sofuto. Coffee taste on top of a milky taste.

Both tastes are nice but I prefer the pineapple taste because the tanginess makes it refreshing.

The pineapple ice cream sits in a pastry tart crust shell.

Top view.

MYR 1 off for those who are registered and using Family Mart hp app.

The two flavours available now.

Other main food I ate on CNY Day 1 are:

6 pm - a large beef sausage bun with a large curly fries, a large root beer float with 2 scoops of ice cream and add on 1 piece of fried chicken thigh for MYR 3. Of course I cannot eat all of them so both of us share this set. 

The total price is MYR 22.10 Nett. A&W Sri Petaling has ample parking in front of its shop on CNY Day 1 so I think I will make it a point to buy from A&W on CNY Day 1.

The large set - half a glass of Rootbeer float and half a portion of curly fries are in the fridge for another day.

Bought this Bundaberg soft drink at MYR 6.5 Nett. Sourish sweet drink of lemon, lime and bitters. Add ice cubes or cold water to make it more refreshing!

From an online search, "A bitters (plural also bitters) is traditionally an alcoholic preparation flavored with botanical matter so that the end result is characterized by a bitter, or bittersweet flavor".

8.50 am - ate 10 Mika pineapple balls before going out to the supermarket in taman Desa. No more mandarin oranges in the supermarket, all sold out. Sepetang coffee shop is not open.

*** Plant based meals from www.pbhall.org for today ***

Meal A: Nasi Kerabu which I have ordered and eaten previously.

Meal B: Assorted vegetables dhall with basmati rice. Sweet and sour side dish is supposed to be pumpkin as written on the menu but the cubes do not taste like pumpkin to me. Taste like some sort of gourds. I just confirmed with customer service who confirmed with the chef that they are indeed pumpkin. Next time I must look closely at the cubes because they are crunchy and their texture felt like some gourds.

The vegetables dhall has brinjals, cauliflowers, potatoes, carrots, long beans in it. I kept them separately to freeze to give them to my vegan friend. Too much vegetables for me to eat alone.

Meal C is the claypot vege below which I ordered for Monday.

24 comments:

  1. Oh? But I love it rich and creamy and milky!!! I think I will love this ice cream!!! Missus stocked up a tray of Bundaberg for Chinese New Year - I'm not drinking though, off this kind of drinks for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bundaberg has many flavours. Which flavour did she get?

      Delete
  2. That sofuto must be creamy and tasty. I woukd enjoy it. Wish we have Family Mart here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never in my wildest dream I have come across Pineapple ice cream. Guess it is Chinese New Year after all. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pineapple flavour ice cream. Is it not common?

      Delete
  4. Wow the pineapple tart sofuto sounds interesting. You ate both of them, haha! I can't even finish the entire thing on my own. I'll usually steal a bite from my boys' if I buy for them.

    Happy Chinese New Year to you Mun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, means you don't like to eat ice cream. Thanks! Happy CNY to you and your family too! May all of you have good health, lots of wealth, and happiness!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The pineapple soft serve is worth trying. I may go buy again since I pass by there all the time to go home, lolx!

      Delete
  6. I heard from a friend that Family Mart has arrived in Ipoh but I haven't check it out yet. Yummy ice-cream. I do miss nasi kerabu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family Mart is in Green town. Hope you can check it out after mco.

      Delete
  7. I bought a box of Kit Kat ice cream, I already eaten 2... trying to refrain from eating for the next two days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday can eat one portion or one stick of ice cream.

      Delete
  8. Maybe I will prefer the Caramel Dalgona Coffee Sofuto because got caramel and coffee. Still have not finished my Raspberry ice cream, will take it out to eat tonight. Happy Niu Year to you Mun! Wish you good health and happiness and lots of huat! Stay safe and stay healthy, which is most important for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy niu year to you and your family! Good that in sg, u all are back to living as before since got vaccine. Yes, do finish your raspberry ice cream!

      Delete
    2. But still got to wear masks🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
    3. Yes better to wear masks to protect everyone because vaccinated people can still infect people who are not vaccinated.

      Delete
  9. Oops read your later post first hehe. I got a bunch of these FM sofutos from playing the Shopee farm game. I like the base as it tastes like the pasty of pineapple tarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, u like the base. That is a surprise because I find it a bit too much crust, more than the usual crust of pineapple tarts.

      Delete
    2. My kids were eating just the ice-cream so I had the 3 crust alone. Yep I do like them.

      Delete
    3. Wow! U can eat 3 crusts without the ice cream! Wow! So now I know what you like! Hah! 😋😋

      Delete