Monday, February 8, 2021

Jamaican Lamb Shank vs Pulses

Day 6 of plant based meals from www.pbhall.org where 3 meals are available for Sunday 7.feb.21 but I ordered only two: Meal B and Meal C. I found this article that says eating 130 grams of pulses daily will lower LDL Cholesterol by 5%:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140407122749.htm

Pulses are lentils, chickpeas, beans and peas. So if one has high cholesterol and would like to lower it by using food, can eat 130 grams of pulses daily.

I didn't order any meals for today and the next two days. In my order list, there are 5 days to go from Thursday to Monday so during the CNY days I will be eating plant based meals too. With the latest update to cny, I still maintain my decision to just sit at home during cny with no eating with other households and my spouse also maintains 100% mask on when meeting his parents so that means no eating together to ensure we are not the cause should the elderly folks get it as the elderly folks do venture out of the house on their own sometimes when cabin fever sets in.

After 6 days of eating plant based meals, I have to say I love it! I love the light feeling of non oily and natural flavours food with less seasoning. Portion is too much for my one meal so I have to divide it into a few meals.

Meal B: Tamarind rice: basmati rice, lots of chickpeas and tofu. Is there 130 grams of chickpeas in this meal?

Meal C: Vegetables Nasi Kerabu - blue pea flower basmati rice, cucumber, raw long beans, pegaga leaves, red chili, pudina leaves, baby tomatoes, tempeh, tofu and brinjal.

Meal A which I didn't order for Sunday is Wild mushrooms Tom Yum soup, basmati rice and kangkung belacan.

*** Thu 28.1.21 Jamaican Lamb Shank ***

Attractive price so I included this lamb shank in my order knowing full well that I would be the only one eating the lamb in this household.

Large portion for MYR 33.90 Nett.

Wow! Who can eat this huge portion in one seating? So I tasted a bit of each item and transferred the food into a glass container to give my friend so that more people would get to taste this Jamaican Lamb Shank which is tender and very flavourful, not to mention smokey too.

The result after I have moved all the food and meat into a glass container. After this overwhelming experience of removing meat from the bone, I know my barbaric lifestyle of eating huge portion of meat is no longer sustainable so this is another motivation to get onto the band wagon of plant based meals for me though I would still eat the food I like as I am not going to restrict my food to just plant based, am flexible.

12 comments:

  1. The lamb sounds tasty. Like you saud, must be flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portion of the lamb looks huge...I mean at least the bone is. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo...I love lamb shank!!! I wonder if we still have one in the freezer, can't remember. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you had one of the lamb shanks you bought during Xmas!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I seldom take lamb/mutton... but my sons love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you're liking the plant-based meals. I must say they look well-made and are well-presented. Too much meat is also not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely too much meat will be easily jelak. Your helper could cook plant based meals for you all to eat.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha u r carnivores for life! 😂😂😂

      Delete