Sunday, January 31, 2021

Lucky Alley

 After staying at home fully for 5 days since Monday, on Saturday 30.1.21, we went out once to takeaway food for the whole day and to see how the world out there is like.

Lucky Alley coffee shop is now occupying two shop units. The alley must be lucky indeed that their business prospers. I buy pork trotter vinegar rice from the left shop and duck rice which opens very early at 8 am from the right shop (green signboard).

This time I buy from the left shop only. Salted steamed chicken whole leg with rice, deep fried pork belly with wood ear fungus rice and lotus root peanut soup for a total of MYR 26 Nett.

9 am - at lucky alley (left shop), one customer is wearing the mask under his nose and the old man seller is not wearing his mask because he is having his breakfast while servicing his makeshift stall. If anyone of them is asymptomatic, then the other one would be infected when they talk to each other vigorously. Seeing this, it is no surprise that the cases are still going up.

CNY snacks at Swee Heng coffee shop. I was very tempted to buy some snacks especially the ngaku aka arrowhead chips which is selling for MYR 15 per container but I stopped myself because I have many things to eat at home which I need to clear.

9.20 am at Swee Heng coffee shop, looking out. I like that there is no dining in allowed because it makes it easier to practise physical distancing. I have not been here since 10 Jan 2021 which is 20 days ago.

Swee Heng coffee shop, looking in. Very easy for physical distancing when waiting for the food to be packed.

8.58 am - noticed that this Bacon and Balls shop is having delivery too.

Maybe I will check out their menu to see whether or not, there is any food on it that I want to eat.

9.47 am - when we got home, he ate his favourite fish (Ling Yu) head Mee hoon without milk bought from Swee Heng coffee shop at MYR 13 Nett. We also bought char kway teow big portion with duck egg, MYR 9 nett, hot hainan char drink, MYR 2.7 Nett, one egg tart, MYR 2 and pork Yee Mee, MYR 7 Nett from the same coffee shop.

The seller included a claw and a piece of dried squid aka tiew pin in cantonese in the lotus root peanut pork soup.

Can you spot that piece of dried squid?

12 noon - before going out at 8.30 am, I ate 2 slices of sprouted grain rainbow bread so I was very hungry at noon. Ate my portion of fish head meehoon on the left and a remaining piece of chicken breast meat with a piece of banana crisp on the right from Thursday meal directly from the fridge.

12.30 noon - I then had a small bowl of the lotus root soup and a few mouthfuls of char kway teow which was quite salty and spicy because I forgot to request for a non spicy version.

I noticed this info on the paper used to wrap the ckt. Before this, I didn't know that this stall is called Ah Ben char kway teow. After this, I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day because I was too full after eating these 4 items.

18 comments:

  1. Yes, we have coffee shops like that here two - occupying the ends of two shoplets and taking advantage of the alley in between.

    Yes, it is good to go out once in a while for a break in the daily routine. Yesterday I took my girl out to send something she made to my sister - she had not gone out for over a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, has it been a month since school closed?

      Delete
  2. Since the pandemic, we now look for shops with less people to order takeaway food and avoid those crowded places. These days, most shop are putting up large banners to inform customers that takeaway is available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there still crowded places? I thought it is not allowed to have crowding.

      Delete
  3. Good to have varieties of food for our meals... but I am lazy to go out to buy... this morning I ordered online from Weil hotel.. the fried rice is can last me for two meals..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you stay alone, just order delivery will do. Good that weii hotel is surviving when equatorial hotel in pg is going to close.

      Delete
  4. I also still see people not wearing their mask properly in public. Haiz...how to educate these people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wonder why they don't want to follow advice to wear their masks properly.

      Delete
  5. I mostly go to few shops for breakfast and tapau. The same shops. Usually go very early to avoid crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you can eat something at so early in the morning.

      Delete
  6. How apt their name is "Lucky alley". Now they really have an alley.

    I haven't been to a Chinese coffeeshop for quite some time! I'd have to drive quite a bit to get to one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos you are at your apartment. Once you go back to your landed place then more accessible, right?

      Delete
    2. Good. Then can go back to your landed house during cny hols. Just show different bills as proof of 10 km.

      Delete