Sunday, January 3, 2021

Foodies Gourmet Market and Cafe

 Saw this new Foodies Gourmet Market and Cafe located in Bandar Kinrara so grabbed their beef steak and lamb chops dishes on day 2 of 2021:

https://instagram.com/foodiesgourmet_kinrara

This is Lamb chops. The marinate is with garlic base. Tender meat. 

Beef steak. I selected medium well so it is fully cooked with a pink middle. Tender meat.

I like that they give black olives in the salad. The salad dressing is sesame like Kewpie sesame dressings. The wedges are very tasty because the potatoes are moist and smooth, not those powdery type potatoes. I did an online search and found that many sites describe potatoes as waxy or starchy.

Total price is MYR 94.60 nett inclusive of delivery fees.

I didn't know that the sets include potatoes wedges so I bought an extra portion of potatoes wedges as a side dish. Ate them for dinner at 6.46 pm.  I kept most of the meat to be eaten the next day.

1 pm - shared this Kai si hor fun as lunch. Bought it from the shop next to lucky alley. I think it costs about MYR 7. They got the taste right but the broth is a bit too salty.

5 pm - not my dinner of duck and siewyuk bought from the same shop as the Kai see hor fun. This duck rice is now our default choice when it is about duck.

22 comments:

  1. The duck looks so good - I'd go for that. Very few places with roast duck here, just two or three - so very tough, not very nice. I guess this is more Cantonese and Sibu is a Foochow town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young ducks would be more tender. They should go for young ducks.

      Delete
  2. Lamb, beef, chicken, duck and pork...5 types of meat in this post! The duck looks tender😋😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duck is a young duck so is tender. Wow, u go count how many types of meat.

      Delete
    2. I want to laugh at Nux comment! She is so observant and really go and count how many types of meat. LOL!

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha yes 🤣 you are right.

      Delete
  3. Oh my even if it is delivery food, the Lamb chops look really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, meaty post today. I like lamb. I would go for lamb while my man is a beef person. I like a good potato wedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good potato wedges are very tasty! Do you eat the lamb fats as well? Because lamb chops have a lot of lamb fats.

      Delete
  5. How nice to have beef steaks and lamb chops via delivery. They have cooked it correctly to your preferred doneness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have chosen well done. This is a bit pink for me. Felt like barbarians when eating them.

      Delete
    2. Do u feel like barbarians when eating rare meat?

      Delete
  6. Portion is rather small. That's chilli sauce on the wedges? Oh I like starchy powdery potatoes hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price, the portion is not that small. Got 3 pieces of lamb chops. Tomato sauce, not chili sauce. Powdery wedges will be dry. These wedges are very smooth and creamy.

      Delete
  7. I love to eat Kai Si Hor Fun very much as it is always appetizing when I have no appetite to eat meals. The broth always made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is the best Kai si hor fun in klang valley for u?

      Delete
  8. Tender lamb chop for me please. The roast duck and siew yuk rice looks so good! I am a pork person while my fren Jovy is a beef person. I don't take beef while Jovy don't like and seldom eat pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess your whole family don't eat beef due to buddhism, right.

      Delete