Sunday, January 24, 2021

U8 Restaurant Delivery

Pai Guat Wong and Ham Yu Fa Lam Bo are two common Cantonese dishes. We haven't had them for more than one year so on Friday 15.1.21 we found an eatery that have both dishes on their menu and ordered them for lunch as dan chor fan (单座饭) - a single dish with a single portion of rice. Dan Chor (Cantonese) means single serving where Dan (单) means single, Chor (座) means Seat or portion and Fan (饭) means cooked rice.

11.15 am - Pai Guat Wong (pork chops) rice with some Ham Yu Fa Lam (salted fish stir fried with pork belly) from the 2nd pack of rice. Taste is quite acceptable.

This is the Ham Yu Fa Lam rice which was stir fried together with dry bak kut teh as dinner on Sat 16.1.21 which is the next day. Unfortunately for this dish from this eatery, the salted fish was non existent.



Total price inclusive of delivery fees is MYR 26.01 for two packs of rice with a dish each.

No containers were used. The eatery just pour the rice and one dish onto a big plastic surgery sheet and tie up the plastic sheet.

16 comments:

  1. Yes, you did tell me what dan chor fan (单座饭) is that day. I can tell Pai Guat Wong is pai kut ong in Hokkien, king ribs...but that is two dishes with rice, no? Oh! You bought two dan chor fan and the fish came from the other set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, it was two dan chor and we put the salted fish pork belly dish into the pork ribs king rice.

      Delete
  2. Ur cantonese is quite good. I have never heard of the 'dan chor fan' term in KL. Dishes are good but could be boring if only single dish with rice without veggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you Google using these 3 words in quotes "单座饭", u will get many menus in the results.

      Delete
  3. My Cantonese is terrible and always a laughing clown to my wife's relatives. So this Pai Guat Wong rice with Ham Yu Fa Lam is something new to me. It sounds delicious to me as I love salted fish like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are separate dishes. I believe you should have eaten these two dishes in restaurants before but you don't know their Cantonese name.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Not in container, but in plastic sheet. Not a common practice.

    Hmm. I bet I would enjoy the 2nd dish as I liked the salted fish in my meat dish. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is quite common to put the food in a big plastic sheet n just tie up the plastic sheet. You can cook salted fish with thinly sliced pork belly at home. Would be very tasty! 😋😋

      Delete
  5. I would enjoy that Ham Yu Fa Lam (salted fish stir fried with pork belly).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha my cantonese is just ok only. But if were to order I will never use cantonese. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, what if all ppl in the shop only speaks cantonese? 😂

      Delete
  7. I prefer those dishes served separately from the rice. Come to think of it, I haven't been having these individual-portion dish+rice for long time. Just don't have any shops nearby selling like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U got children so will home cook dishes for them to eat with rice. Hhhmmm, when u always say don't have any shops nearby selling food like this,makes me wonder u live in a traditional outskirt place and all the while I thought u live near Kota Damansara only.

      Delete
    2. Haha you know one of my addresses (btw did ask if you could share yours too). Very limited Chinese food near that one. But you're right, if we dine out in a group we'd order dishes to share so wouldn't order individual portions.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I must have missed that email of yours. Will reply your email.

      Delete