Friday, January 15, 2021

SR Lamb Shank

I suddenly remember that Secret Recipe used to be known for its tasty lamb shank. I have never eaten it so I decided to order it on Thursday 14.1.2021 via grab.

12.04 noon - my order has arrived.

A container of gravy and a box. Both are cling wrapped.

I also added on a banana chocolate cake that he will eat. MYR 8.80 is the price.

This lonely bun in a tall paper bag is with the lamb shank dish.

One lamb shank on top of mashed potatoes.

I found a piece of celery.

I kept most of the lamb meat for another day in a glass container and store it in the fridge.

As for the mashed potatoes, I store them between two slices of sprouted grain bread for another day.

1.15 pm - Then I ate all the remaining meat and mashed potatoes in the box. Felt like a barbarian when I was eating the meat off the bone. The lamb meat is tender and has the nice taste of lamb meat.

Total price is MYR 48.91 with free delivery so the lamb shank price is around MYR 40.

This photo is copied from secret recipe website. I couldn't order this lamb shank before in the eatery because I wouldn't be able to finish it in one seating due to too much meat. So finally I tasted the famous secret recipe's lamb shank.



 

22 comments:

  1. I don't realise they hav lamb shank in the menu. I will go try out with my mum when it is safe to dine out again. I can't finish it by myself too coz i couldn't stand the gamey taste in lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother likes to eat lamb shank? She ok with the so-called gamey taste?

      Delete
  2. https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/keep-it-a-secret/
    I had that before in 2007 in Sg Petani...and a friend had it here, 2010. It sure looks nicer, dining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post. You are the shepherd pie. Now I don't think they sell that shepherd pie anymore.

      Delete
  3. Wow.. the lamb shank must be very nice... all bones left only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meat is tender enough. I kept more than half in the fridge. Didn't eat any today. Will eat on Saturday which is tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Yeah I also know this is a popular item but have never tried.

    Not bad, no delivery charges. And as I know 8.80 isn't marked up for that cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got promo for free delivery. You ok to eat lamb with strong lamb taste?

      Delete
    2. Then you will definitely like this. 😋😋

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that SR has lamb shank. I have tried their lamb calzone before and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same like NuxV, she also didn't know. Now no more lamb Calzone. Back in 2014 I eat their black pepper lamb pie:
      https://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2014/10/pie.html?m=1

      Delete
  6. The lamb shank looks quite juicy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside layer a bit dry but in general it was tender and juicy.

      Delete
  7. I hope this SR will survive this pandemic period as they are like swans struggling its small feet in the lakes now.

    I have seen many big sized diners eating this lamb skank all by themselves! I myself would not be able to finish it. I have eaten almost everything in their menu and liked it. Usually when I drove my wife for office meetings at her Cyberjaya office, I would sit in the SR behind her office complex for many hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may close some branches but overall they will survive as they are a big corporation. The original owner already sold all his stake in this company I believe. So u mean u have never ordered this lamb shank also is it?

      Delete
    2. Yes I have yet to eat just this Lamb Shank as it is too big portion. The Sim family still has footing in there and his cheesecake victory left some bitter taste in the family. They have closed down the vegetarian outlets and converted them to Nyonya Food which needs Uncle Roger to try it. Hahaha

      Delete
    3. I know secret recipe founder had some sort of connection to La Manila. Didn't know they venture into nyonya food now and closed beyond vege. I have never eaten at beyond vege.

      Delete
  8. The lamb shank looks better in the photo. I too have been wanting to try Secret Recipe's lamb shank but somehow didn't have the chance to do so. I have tasted their cakes and they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks better in which photo? 😅Just note it down somewhere n try it when u get a chance next time.

      Delete
  9. I will like this lamb shank as I like to eat mutton and lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is secret recipe in singapore but don't know got lamb shank on their menu or not.

      Delete