Saturday, November 28, 2020

Uzu Chicken

 

Read about Uzu chicken in Lina's post:

https://linasbackyard.blogspot.com/2020/11/uzu-boneless-korean-fried-chicken-1st.html

Foodpanda doesn't deliver to my area although it is only 8.2. Km away from Uzu chicken at The Sphere, Bangsar so I ordered from Uzu Chicken at Leisure Mall Cheras and use grab express to collect my food. Need to let the rider know to collect the food from OISO korean restaurant. I wonder what is the relationship between Uzu Chicken and Oiso.

I bought chicken soy garlic dip, rice cheese sticks and kimchi dumplings sets and were given a small container of kimchi foc which tastes very good, sourish and a bit spicy. Total price after 20% discount is MYR 47.75 Nett.

I ate all the salad. Two are with yuzu dressings and one is with light sesame dressings. The salad is very refreshing.

Rice cheese sticks. I don't think they need to give packs of chili sauce for these rice cheese sticks.

The packaging.

Kimchi dumpling. Need to eat together with the kimchi that is foc because without the additional kimchi, the dumplings taste like eating chye kuihs because the fillings taste like peppery daikon.

Rice cheese stick. It is a bit sweet. I think this is toppoki filled with a bit of cheese that is not cheesy. There are 8 sticks. I ate two for lunch and one for dinner and kept 5 in the fridge. I would eat this as a dessert since it is a bit sweet so I don't need the chilli sauce.

*** Special McD ice cream cone in SG ***

Coffee and milk tea means it is cham?

*** Friday 27 November 2020 d255 ***

Lunch - yellow noodles and hor fun from the previous day's Porkki Porkki restaurant, kimchi pork bone stew from the previous day's Go Heung with added napa cabbage and white soft tofu. Taste like Ma Por Tofu. So yummy and flavourful. Both of us shared this meal.

Breakfast - Yee Mee pork soup from the previous day's Porkki Porkki restaurant.

16 comments:

  1. The salads are without dressing? Good tht they provide salads with the chickens as side condiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two are with yuzu dressings and one is with light sesame dressings. The salad is very refreshing.

      Delete
  2. Nice cardboard boxes. At least that will cut down on the use of plastic. Gotta go back to the Seremban guy here to try the yee mee soup, yours look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cardboard boxes are better than plastic. I don't think anyone will go wrong with Yee Mee. This Yee Mee is nice.

      Delete
  3. No cham over here?? Seldom go to McD nowadays.

    The rice cheese cake looked interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cham ice cream special at mcd here. Surprisingly I like the slightly sweet taste of rice cheese sticks.

      Delete
  4. My area is out of the way for most food outlets. Fried chicken and Yee mee will be nice for dinner one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought within walking distance you have those coffee shops you frequent for breakfast.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Goes well with the chili gravy like ma Por Tofu.

      Delete
  6. Interesting selection from the Korean place. I've not come across rice cheese sticks or dumplings in that shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any Oiso near you? Cos Uzu chicken is OISO.

      Delete
    2. Not heard of either of those!

      Delete
    3. Also come to think of it, my world has shrunk due to covid! Even malls are considered generally out of bounds these days. Though I did sneak off to 1u by myself last weekend.

      Delete
    4. You could expand your online world which you did by even ordering live crabs delivery. I don't care to do that.😂

      Delete
    5. OISO got a branch in Jaya 33 pj.

      Delete