Thursday, November 19, 2020

Rogan Josh

This food item is boight on the previous Thursday which is 12 Nov 2020 from Passage Thru India restaurant by delivery. I selected this dish based on the description of "tender mutton cooked in 16 spices". I didn't google this dish before buying it so I didn't know that it is quite spicy. I ate a piece of mutton on the day itself and put the remaining food into thee fridge because I am the only one who eat mutton in this household.

According to wiki here, this dish "consists of pieces of lamb or mutton braised with a gravy flavoured with garlic, ginger and aromatic spices (cloves, bay leaves, cardamom, and cinnamon), and in some versions incorporating onions or yogurt". I found a star anise in the gravy so a lot of spices is used for this dish.

Only took it out on Tuesday 17 Nov 2020 to have some for breakfast. The oil has solidified.

After I have scooped out all the solidified oil and discarded them as normal household waste.

Scooped out one piece of mutton and some gravy onto a slice of bread to eat as breakfast on the previous Tuesday 17 Nov 2020. I will eat it this way until I finish the whole dish. I believe it will take me by end of next week to achieve this. That is my target timeframe.

*** Midweek Takeaways ***
*** Wednesday 18 Nov 2020 ***

Went to lucky alley coffee shop to buy pork trotter rice but the shop was closed as it was their rest day so detoured to Sweet Heng instead and takeaway food for two days:

1. One packet of wanton Mee with char siew and Wantons; one packet of wanton Mee with slightly spicy pork trotter from BCnS coffee shop at a total of MYR 14 nett.
2. From BCnS also, bought a packet of roast duck drumstick and siew yuk for MYR 6 nett.
3. From swee Heng coffee shop: fish head meehoon MYR 13 Nett, pan Mee hand torn doughy noodles at MYR 7 nett, pork Yee Mee at MYR 7 nett and pasembor at MYR 7 nett.

Shared breakfast of pan Mee. Love the doughy hand torn noodles.

My brunch - my portion of pan Mee and my portion of pasembor eaten directly from the plastic bag.

Not my lunch of roast duck drumstick and siew yuk. I didn't eat lunch due to my heavy brunch. For tea, I ate some of the prune kek lapis and some of the spekeok kek lapis. Still have quite a number of pieces remaining so they can last till end of this year.

For dinner, both of us shared the packet of wanton, cs wanton noodles. This wanton noodles taste different because the sauce has a smokey taste which is nice. Another day is completed.




18 comments:

  1. Mutton? Lamb? I would love that! Your roast duck looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to check the menu is mutton or lamb. I think is mutton. Roast duck is yum yummy!

      Delete
  2. The roast duck drumstick looks good. :) Making me yearning for some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a fan of mutton/lamb, but I can accept the spiciness. I think I have eaten Rogan Josh too, just that can't remember the taste...LOL! What time did u went to tapao these food? The roast duck/siew yuk stall open already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes open already at 8 am at BC n S coffee shop. U don't like mutton or lamb. Good for them cos u won't be eating them. 👍

      Delete
  4. Spicy? Then not for me, but i love mutton as in mutton briyani rice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would enjoy the rogan josh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I look at your food, my wish to visit Jaipur is calling me. That is in my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Jaipur? Why not Taj Mahal?

      Delete
    2. Jaipur has many more interesting ancient places compared to Taj Mahal. My wife has visited Taj Mahal and knew that it won't excite me enough. She will not visit India again, so I will probably go alone.

      Delete
    3. She has been to Jaipur already?

      Delete
    4. She went to Kashmir, Delhi, Taj Mahal and etc but not Jaipur. She swore enough already. I know that Jaipur has all the attractions for me and not other towns. I might get depressed seeing the poor slums everywhere.

      Delete
    5. May your dream to go Jaipur be reality one day. Hopefully she changes her mind and go with you. Ya, not a nice feeling to see poor slums.

      Delete
  7. Some food are hard to describe. 16 spices but what should it end up tasting like? Haha. If it's very spicy, rice might be a better partner to it compared to bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think wholemeal bread goes better with curry than rice. 16 spices, it ended up having very strong exotic spice taste.

      Delete