Monday, November 9, 2020

Leeks Roast Pork

 

Leeks and Roast Pork stirfry.

My friend gave us her bottle of vegetarian oyster sauce because I wanted to try it. As we seldom cook, we use this small bottle of olive oil for cooking.

Bought Nasi Lemak at Sepetang coffee shop in Taman Desa and both of us ate it with the roast pork and leek stir fry. I bought two packs of Nasi Lemak and one pack landed in the fridge for the next day.

Bought this 500g of roast pork on Friday and received it on Saturday from insta seller Hog on the Fork. I requested for lean meat and the siew yuk received is only slightly fatty so all is good. Crispy skin!

2 packs of 500 g roast pork each. Gave one box to my friend on Saturday when we dropped off the ytf. Tasty!

Napa cabbage ginger soup. This is the organic napa cabbage I bought on Saturday. We boiled this soup on Saturday and ate some on the day itself for dinner.  On Sunday we ate all the nap cabbage and drank all the soup for dinner. So two items cleared as we also ate all the siew yuk and leeks.

Pastries from the stall in front of Sepetang coffee. 2 egg tarts, 2 siew bao and 1 chicken pie.

Ate this egg tart for tea. Good enough.

After going to Sepetang coffee shop, I put the food into the car and walked to DeMarket Supermarket. Quickly bought the items from 9 to 9.30 am, paid and went home. The queue at the cashier counter. Sunday 7 Nov 2020 d235 done and dusted.

14 comments:

  1. The napa cabbage soup was on Monday dinner? U mean last Monday🤔? The queue is kinda long even at 9.30am! Looks like panic buying again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing this error out. Not sure what was in my head when I wrote that. It was Saturday and Sunday dinner for the napa cabbage soup. Not panic buying. This is a centralized queue feeding 4 cashier counters so it is long.

      Delete
  2. That dish looks good! I love leek, cooked it with lap cheong before, never with siew yoke. Gotta try this sometime, usually, just plain with egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, see whether you like siew yoke with leeks or not.

      Delete
  3. I find the taste of vegetarian oyster sauce similar with real oyster sauce.

    We often buy the smallest cooking oil too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oyster sauce is not for me because I don't like to eat oyster sauce, hehehehe.

      Delete
  4. I like the leeks with roast pork. The roast pork looks good. I had seen leeks cooked with lap cheong before too. Leeks are versatile to cook with many kinds of meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you like to eat leeks. They are nutritious

      Delete
  5. I love to eat roast pork...but I am not sure about the leeks...sometimes they could be pretty hard to chew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roast pork. I don't cook roast pork with leeks because hubby doesn't like leeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oic. Can cook a small portion and eat the leeks yourself.

      Delete
  7. The roast pork looks very good indeed.

    I basically use oyster sauce as a dash of MSG. The normal non-veg version probably contains very little oyster anyway. But I'd choose a normal version if there's no specific promo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't buy oyster sauce at all so that's why need friend to give her already opened bottle.

      Delete