Monday, November 16, 2020

Sunday Blues

1349 lunch is delivered. Ying Yong cantonese fried without the gravy because it is packed separately. This is a 1 pax portion.

1350 After the eggy gravy has been poured into the noodles.

1358 My portion with the all the green chilies inside.

1408 I couldn't eat anymore because I was full already so I kept this amount away to be eaten in the evening.


1801 Time to continue eating this ying Yong wat tan hor. The gravy has been all soaked up and I like eating it this way. It is like eating a soft cake (kueh) so I finished eating it.


1734 we ate this kl hokkien Mee for dinner. The noodles are soft with full flavours because it has soaked up the gravy since afternoon. Nice! This is a 1 pax portion too.


1741 added in the sambal dip.


1751 My portion for dinner. I just need this little amount to have a taste and it is enough.

Please don't look at the price. It is a blessing to be able to enjoy food. The shop looks like this in 2015 and still does.

1339 They are packaged this way. Very basic but it works. No leaks. No spillage.

1430 Am full but the mouth feels like having some cold desserts so grabbed these. Ended up eating a few sips and keeping the aiyu jelly and tofufa in the fridge. He managed to finish the grass jelly.

Buy above MYR 25 nett to get free delivery worth MYR 4 nett. Customised order. Base tofufa is MYR 5.90 Nett. Base grass jelly is MYR 6.90 Nett. Added on honey yam for MYR 3 Nett and red bean for MYR 2 nett.

1832 ate the corn cobs boiled in the old cucumber, carrots, chicken drumstick soup and kept the soup in the fridge.

828 something for the stomach before going out to buy food. One pork siew bao from the previous day. The pastry dough is under baked and taste of raw dough but I am ok with it because I like to eat doughy.

1307 I can't resist egg tarts. He didn't want to share because this egg tart is not up to his standard so I ate it all by myself. Good enough for me just because I am a glutton. 
1306 just one egg tart from Sepetang coffee shop at MYR 2 nett.

1246 My brunch of Nasi Lemak with a small portion of rice and tiny shrimps from Sepetang coffee shop. Total price for Nasi lemak is MYR 15 nett for two packs. One pack with a regular portion of rice and chicken slices curry.

920 completed grocery shopping for the week. He bought a prepacked soup ingredients pack with cut up corns, old cucumber, carrots at MYR 6 and immediately boiled this soup with the chicken parts MYR 6 when we got home.

18 comments:

  1. Why Sunday blues? I would be happy to enjoy all these foods😋😋. The yinyong looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the number of cases? The food is necessary to drive away the blues.

      Delete
    2. The number of cases are rising and not declining anytime soon...yea, kinda worrying, but the blues is not just on Sunday, I feel the blues since the 3rd wave started!

      Delete
    3. Ya, everyday now also blue blue. Haizzzzz.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! My favourite stall for these is closed today - Monday! I love how there is so much vegetables in your ying yong, dunno why they are so stingy with it as all the noodle places here.

    Yes, KL has edged out Sabah from the top spot, 400 plus...and if combined with Selangor, 660. Getting worse, so scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from seeing the ying yong that you wrote about that I want to eat it. So it is a loop now. Yes, the numbers are so scary now.

      Delete
  3. I get very tempted every time I read your posts :) This time noodles, I wanna eat! The price is OK, as long as we enjoy the food and not waste, it is money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized that I have not eaten siao bao for a long time. Must go out to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must get nice siao bao. Enjoy eating them! 😋

      Delete
  5. I also bought a few packets of noodles yesterday.. RM5 delivery fees... we couldn't finish and this morning we fried it back and eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to keep remaining food to be eaten later. No waste.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes it's a good thing not to be fussy, then can enjoy more food! I generally like noodles 'al dente' to borrow the pasta term.

    Yes that kind of packaging has stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kway teow can be al dente ah? If yes, then those Al dente kway teow must have a lot of acid borik in them.

      Delete
    2. As in opposite of mushy-mushy.

      Delete
    3. It is soft like kueh, not mushy like congee.

      Delete
  7. I must try KL hokkien mee one of these days. Ya, saw the report abt KL cases in the news, stay safe stay well neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You went on a cruise, so nice! Have you tried kl hokkien Mee before?

      Delete