Sunday, November 22, 2020

Brown Sugar Cake

 

A steamed brown sugar cake bought from a fb seller at MYR 18 Nett.


Call this number if you are interested.


Soft and fluffy. Not that sweet.

I think the size is 8 inch in diameter. What do you call this cake? Have you eaten this cake before?

This is a recipe for this cake for those who loves healthy steamed cakes: 

*** Saturday 21 Nov 2020 d249 ***

3 chicken siew bao for MYR 5 nett and seri muka kuih at MYR 2 nett. Bought from a stall in front of friendship cafe.

Not my lunch of roast chicken siew yuk rice from friendship cafe and lotus roots dates pork soup from Lucky Alley coffee shop.

Roast chicken, siew yuk rice from friendship cafe. Should be either MYR 6 or MYR 7, I can't remember.

My Saturday da gao mien MYR 1.50 nett - bought from a van parked near friendship cafe. Always buy this when I see the van on Saturday.

2 ccf and 1 beancurd sheet, 1 beancurd pillow and 1 dried pork skin from Lucky Alley at MYR 5 nett.

Zhar yuk muk Yee with Mee hoon and hor fun instead of rice this time from Lucky Alley. Together with the soup and rice, the price is MYR 17 nett.

Shared the rice and remaining lotus root peanuts dates pork soup for dinner. Two pax finished it.


14 comments:

  1. That looks nice. Can't recall any cake using brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steamed cakes for a change because the texture is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you eaten this cake before?

      Delete
    2. I have eaten this steamed cakes many times in various flavours including brown sugar. It used to be popular during weddings in Penang when they served many Nyonya Kuehs during the tea ceremony at home. Nowadays I seldom see much Nyonya Kuehs during weddings. Times have changed.

      Delete
    3. Good that these steamed cakes are still around. Maybe there will be a revival!

      Delete
  3. seldom eat 'ma lai go' but this is sold in pasar malam. I prefer the not-so-dark one 'gai tan go'. Nice for tea time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time I never go pasar malam. I know the gai tan go you are talking about. Easy to eat. Now u c it now u Don't.

      Delete
  4. Yes I like to have this one once in a while. But won't go for a whole cake lah.

    Dumped the rice into the soup to eat? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seller only sells whole cakes. Yes just put all the rice into the soup and eat. Quick and easy.

      Delete
  5. Used to eat this brown sugar cake when my late grandma was still alive. That explains...how "old" this cake is. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like it? I am sure you and your wife can easily make this cake for your children to enjoy eating them. This is a traditional cake, that is very old.

      Delete
  6. I have seen this type of brown sugar cake before and i like the taste.

    ReplyDelete