Monday, November 2, 2020

Kek Lapis Spekoek

 

6 types of cakes. Kek lapis original, kek Lapis prune, kek lapis spekoek, kek buah kukus, marble choc cake and kek lapis Surabaya. Kek Lapis Spekoek has strong cinnamon taste. Kek buah kukus is like Christmas fruit cake.


Nice boxes. Bought from home baker sweetkitchencakes at insta.


Thank you card with instructions on how keep the kek lapis in the fridge. Please click on it for a larger image.

*** Sunday 1 Nov 2020 d229 ***

Char siew bought from taman desa, MYR 10 Nett, the coffee shop a few shoplots away from Sepetang coffee shop.

Shared dinner for two pax at around MYR 7.5 for roast chicken breast and liver with rice. Also bought a portion of chai boey - salty sour mustard leaves at MYR 4 nett.

Brunch - My Nasi Lemak from Sepetang coffee shop. Kept the rice in the bowl for next day. Two packs of Nasi Lemak costs MYR 15 nett. Also bought wantonmi MYR 6.50 Nett for the next day.


18 comments:

  1. The kek lapis looks good. I prefer the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spekoek and the original taste almost the same but spekoek has a stronger cinnamon taste.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of that fruit cake on the right. Lovely packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eyeing the cakes too! Sweet tooth we have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I have always loved Kek Lapis the most since I was a kid. I walked the whole Jakarta CBD to compare their various Kek Lapis before buying them. They have too much choices and confused me. LOLOL
    I prefer the way you got them in one nice box. So tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have eaten the real McCoy then.

      Delete
    2. I must say that I have not eaten the best Kek Lapis in whole Indonesia compared to the ones sold in Penang and Sarawak. It is just like tasting Tom Yum soup in whole of Thailand where the flavours are so different.

      Delete
    3. Do you know which one is the best? Online got write? From general consensus?

      Delete
  5. I have only tried kueh lapis original. Would love to taste the one with prune. I like the fruit cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many varieties. Good thing they come in small portions so you're not overwhelmed with kek lapis.

    Gahh chicken liver again haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, liver again. The cake portion is not that small. I think can eat the cake until end of this month.

      Delete
  7. These Kek Kapis reminds me of my trips to Batam, Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one with prune should be nice. I like fruit cake too.

      Delete
    2. Yes all of them are nice. Fruit cake a bit too sweet for me though

      Delete