Monday, March 8, 2021

Pickup Discounts

On Thursday, 4.mar.21, we went to Midvalley Mall to buy grocery and I bought takeaway food from Upeh using the Foodpanda app and selected the self pickup option because I was in a hurry and have no time to walk to the restaurant to place the order. I am pleasantly surprised to see a 20% discount for self pickup orders.

Nasi Tumpang Prawn with 3 prawns in it. The previous time I ate this food was in July 2018.

I ate it the next day, on Friday 5.mar.21 at 10 am, direct from the fridge. It is cold but still tasty.

I love to eat the soft compacted rice. So tasty.

Pulut panggang - I ate this on Saturday, 6.mar.21, 2 days after.

There are two in this container but we shared one on Thursday, the day itself.

Nasi Dagang with beef rendang. This is how they packed it for takeaway.

We shared it the next day at 12 noon for lunch after reheating it.

We ate the fried rice Basil aka selasih on the day itself, Thursday, at 12.40 noon. This fried rice includes a piece of chicken. Instead of a chicken thigh, it was a chicken breast which we forgot to take any photo of.

The price stated in the Foodpanda app is exactly the same as the price listed in the in-store menu so it is good value for money to get 20% discount off the total bill. MYR 10.74 is the amount saved. Wonder is this discount temporary or permanent for all pickups.

12 comments:

  1. I love nasi tumpang! Dunno when I will get to enjoy that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are many places in sibu selling nasi Tumpang?

      Delete
  2. The food you ordered, they all look good. Making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like pulut panggang especially with filling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The compacted rice similar to nasi impit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not same. Cos this rice is soft and not tightly compacted like nasi Impit.

      Delete
  5. I've not tried this outlet yet despite seeing various good reviews from you. :)

    Good to know there's a real pickup discount. I ordered something recently via foodpanda and was happy with free delivery, then my brother told me the prices are 50% higher than instore. Even though it stated prices are the same. So even though there is a 20% pickup discount, now I'm wary whether that would be a real discount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about high markups especially for coffee shops nearby with free delivery cos they use different packaging too,better more sturdy ones. In one case, when I go buy takeaway soup noodles, they use all plastic bags but when food panda delivery, they use plastic solid containers. If want real discount only buy from food panda the food u know exactly how much they are in the shops.

      Delete
    2. Yes knowing the actual instore price would be best.

      Delete