Saturday, March 27, 2021

Ah Muk Noodle

Yesterday morning Fri 26.mar.21 at 10 am, we were around an area that we seldom visit so we searched online for food to eat and found this eatery serving FuZhou dishes from Sitiawan, Perak.

Ah Muk Noodle shop front.

Nice exposed brick wall with their signature meals.

They opened for business at 9 am. 10 am is still  early so we were the only customers so we dined in. This is my dine-in-2021 #1.

Promotion for sets.

The order chit.

Total price is MYR 32 for 4 items.

Long Yan noodle at MYR 10 nett. The Noodles are slippery, translucent and very springy until I just resort to swallowing them without them being chewed into tiny bits.

We are lucky to be here on a Friday because this Red Wine Mee Suah at MYR 13 nett is only available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I like this dish - not very salty, light alcohol taste, and nice ginger taste with lots of julienned ginger.

Wanton in clear soup at MYR 6 nett and tong sui of the day which is a thick mung bean sweet soup at MYR 3 Nett only. I like the Wantons for their many folds of skins.

*** The Menu ***

Next time we will order the wanton in dark soup.

I will order this red wine chicken with rice next time though I prefer noodles  but that hard boiled egg is calling me. 😋

We didn't try the garlic vinegar this time.

Will try Loh Lak next time, a mixture of Loh Mee broth and Laksa broth.

Their Kampua noodles are mixed in dark gravy only.

Well designed menu cover.

*** The Reason ***

We were in that area to collect our purchase.

Just one went in and picked up the goods.

*** McD Improved Nasi Lemak ***

Saw this on insta.

McD delivery for our shared dinner.

No sambal for us, special request. We can taste the aromatic pandan fragrance in the soft rice. Tasty! 😋

22 comments:

  1. Sitiawan Foochow delights are quite different from the ones in Sibu - it does look like theirs are more similar to the authentic ones in China. I like the look of the piansip (wanton) soup, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what are the dishes served in China where Foochow are. Have you been there?

      Delete
    2. No, but they have the kampuan, kompia...all not the same as the Sibu ones. A nephew gave me the lay peang from there - sorry to say it was terrible, nothing like the nice ones we have here.
      https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/good-stuff/

      Delete
    3. I guess for foochows who want to get in touch with their roots, they can go visit their ancestors home and eat the food there. After this pandemic la of course. Thanks for the url.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Look at the red wine mee suah. So red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red wine mee suah is so red! Scary...coz looks like blood😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blood is darker. This red is all natural colour from red yeast so it is not scary at all.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks delicious. I think they put in a lot of red rice or yeast when making the wine. I prefer the colour to be lighter. Don't think we can find Fuchow food here in Ipoh. Long time haven't been to Sitiawan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe my photos make the red so deep. In reality maybe is lighter colour. Sitiawan is 75 km from Ipoh so maybe people think can just go there to eat so no need to open Sitiawan Eateries in Ipoh.

      Delete
  5. What a name huh! Ah Muk...but what truly surprised me was the RED mee suah...is it even natural? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is fully natural. It is made from red yeast.

      Delete
  6. I always got excited when I saw Red Wine Mee Suah because it is not easily available. Yours is really merah like tomato sauce. LOLOL

    Looks like I will eat McD's Nasi Lemak tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go to this place on weekends and eat this red wine Mee suah too. Mcd nasi lemak new formula with pandan is tasty!

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your new games!

    I always like slightly-unusual offerings (not TOO weird hehe) that aren't so commonly available. Quite a few in this shop which are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you been to Sitiawan, Perak? Can eat all these dishes there.

      Delete
    2. If got also probably only once on our Teluk Intan trip. My hometown is Ipoh but my dad isn't the type to go far for food.

      Delete
    3. Next time after pandemic, can go Sitiawan, Perak.

      Delete
  8. First time i heard of loh lak, interesting combination. Looks like you enjoyed your first dine in very much, very satisfying meal, i like red wine chicken mee sua because the broth is sweet and sourish, very hoi wai, i like!

    I just had nasi lemak on sunday 28 march too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The interior of ah muk looks spacious, bright and cosy, nice!

    ReplyDelete