Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Bagel Sandwich

I have ordered delivery from Christine's Bakery in Sunway Geo on Sat 23.jan.21 for a sourdough pizza. Then on Wed 3.feb.21, they open a shop in Publika so on Tue 16.mar.21, we dropped by Publika on our way to IPC just to buy Bagel sandwiches as takeaways.

Bagels are dense bread in the shape of a ring. The dough is boiled before being baked.

The new shop with dual entrances - one entrance facing the main road outside and one inner-facing entrance.  The seats on the left of the above photo belong to them too so customers can choose to sit outside in the Publika shopping mall area.

Very nice cafe to catch up with friends.

11.18 am - I placed my order for takeaway and was told it would take 20 to 30 minutes preparation time so I left my hp number with them so that they can call me when my order is ready to be collected. They did call me when my order was ready.

Tied securely for pickup. The bag of two sandwiches is quite heavy.

4.40 pm - They wrapped the bagel sandwich with two pieces of thick brown paper.

After removing the outer brown paper, there is another piece of brown paper wrapping the bagel sandwich.

The bagel sandwich is cut in the middle.

Minced lamb Bagel sandwich. Flavourful. I can taste toasted butter with a special fragrant that they spread onto the bagel. I ate half of each and kept the remaining halves in the fridge.

For this avocado bagel sandwich, I chose sourdough bread without knowing that this choice just means two slices of bread cut from a sourdough loaf.

The slices of sourdough bread are toasted with butter.

A basic sourdough pizza.

The next morning, I ate the two remaining halves as brunch.

The avocado sandwich contains all these fillings. One ingredient reminds me of Jiu Hu Char, with a strong peppery taste.

The lamb kebab bagel sandwich contains these fillings.

The Pizza menu.

This lamb pizza is the one I bought last time.

More pizza choices.

Which bagel sandwich will you choose?
As dessert.

Suitable for vegetarians.

Lamb bagels, chicken bagels.

Seafood bagels.

More choices. So difficult to choose.

Beef bagels.

16 comments:

  1. Love their wide selections of filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you've tried this. I also didn't notice your pizza previously was from Christine's. I'm attracted by the colourful filling, like your avocado one. Still balking at the price coz what I like would be the RM30 range and I'm not sure one would be enough for my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, one would be enough for your lunch because it is very heavy, the weight. But u must choose bagels n not sourdough bread.

      Delete
  3. so many choices...i can't choose just one! i prefer the savoury and hearty fillings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha 😂, can choose more if go many times or u can eat more than one.

      Delete
  4. The Minced lamb Bagel sandwich looks quite filling and tasty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminded me the brunch I had recently... avocado paste on sourdough bread... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many choices and I will have a hard time deciding what I want to order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me. I couldn't decide so randomly ordered two.

      Delete
  7. The sandwiches look good. I must go eat the sandwich at Yin's Sourdough. I have been meaning to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can ask your brother again to bring you here also. Yin's sourdough sandwiches are also like this?

      Delete
  8. Notice they name one of the pizzas, what the duck! So funny!

    Wow really spoilt for choices, i would not know which one to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't notice they got do puns on the name of the pizzas. 😆 Really difficult to choose.

      Delete