Monday, March 15, 2021

Are These TartTokAbah

Pineapple tarts again! This time they are open faced tarts.

Received them on Saturday 6.mar.21 after ordering and paying for them about 5 days before.

I ordered 3 tubs. Each tub has 50 pieces and costs MYR 35 Nett only. Very affordable. I couldn't eat so many pieces so I gave one tub to my friend and contacted PH via FB to give one tub to her as I was going to uptown on Monday 8.mar.21 so we did a quick food exchange at Starling Mall. She gave me very healthy snacks of Amazing Graze which suited me very well. You can read her review of these tarts at her blog in this post.

The Yong Sheng pineapple logs have added pineapple fragrance whereas the pineapple open faced tarts have authentic pineapple taste only.

Cross sections of pineapple balls vs pineapple open faced tarts.

I ordered them from insta seller Azni after reading this fantastic review about the tarts on insta. Not sure where Azni got her supply from. Delivery fees to my area is MYR 10 nett.

Later I read the comments about TartTokAbah on insta and found some photos under this hashtag which look similar. They are on fb too. I wonder did the insta seller got her stock from this place? I can only wonder because I don't intend to ask. I still have about 28 tarts in the fridge as at this point in time. Will slowly savour them.

16 comments:

  1. The jam sure looks nicer than the Young Sheng ones, fresher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The open face tarts look better than Yong Sheng's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste more authentic too so it depends on whether you prefer enhanced flavours or authentic flavours.

      Delete
  3. I also like pineapple tarts, I ordered one for CNY and finished half even before the very day! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then u must order these when you can visit kl after borders are open.

      Delete
  4. looks good and moist! my type of pineapple tarts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you will like these pineapple tarts.

      Delete
  5. Oh my. Open faced tarts are tempting. I finished my pineapple tarts and now craving after reading your post. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make your own pineapple tarts and jam I am sure.

      Delete
  6. The inti looks so rich and a lot. Usually will only indulge in such a treat during CNY. Still, they look darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have quite a few types of tarts there!

    I'm also curious with these tarts. My Malay neighbour (whom I don't know too well) gave us a tub which looks like that a few years ago at CNY. Didn't look like much but I thought they tasted very good. Saw a Shopee seller offering this same container but I haven't tried. This CNY my neighbour gave the same type. Been wondering if she made them herself or it's from a famous place or it's common to use this 'tupperware'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it looks exactly like this, I think she may have bought it from this seller. So do you like it or not? Have you made your pineapple tarts yet?

      Delete
    2. Well the tart does look like that and the container too. Heh no my pineapple jam has long life this year. I just finished the tub from neighbour so will rest my tastebuds a few weeks.

      Delete
    3. Ya, the pineapple jam should be able to keep for a long time in the fridge or freezer. Only you alone eating the pineapple tarts from your neighbour?

      Delete