Sunday, March 7, 2021

CCF Peanut Butter Jam

 Yesterday, Saturday 6.mar.21, I found a pack of rolled up Chee Cheong fun in my fridge, bought on Tuesday 2.mar.21, 4 days ago. I microwaved them for 30 seconds with a bit of water sprinkled on them so that they are soft.

Then I ate them with peanut butter from Wownana and Strawberry Jam from KebunLily.

Just put a dot of each on the rolls and eat. They do taste good together.

4.32 pm, For dinner, I ate a bowl of barley, bean curd sheets aka fuchuk, ginkgo and pumpkin tong sui cooked by him. Just a bit sweet. 

This honey chrysanthemum sugar was used to cook this tong sui. Not that sweet but just sweet enough to bring out the fragrance of the barley, ginkgo combination. Sweet home brand.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting way of having ccf. The tong sui looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try having ccf this way too. You are right, the tong sui is tasty.

      Delete
  2. CCF with peanut butter and jam. That's interesting! Like Elvis Presley's sandwich and mind you, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CCF didn't come with anything? I can't seem to get CCF soft once they've been in the fridge. Turns out hard and stiff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specifically bought ccf kosong. Just sprinkle some water on top n microwave 20 seconds at medium-high power until soft.

      Delete
    2. I tried pouring sauce onto the CCF before microwaving, still hard. That was with the penang prawn paste that I specially tapaued from O&S. Ended up not nice at all.

      Delete
    3. Not sauce. Just sprinkle drinking water. Sauce is too thick.

      Delete
  4. The strawberry jam looks like tomato sauce on the ccf. Next time you can try with tomato sauce, lol. I love fuchuk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomato sauce on ccf is quite common. I have tried before but not mentioned here. Thanks for the suggestion. 😊

      Delete