Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Hotpot 1 at Starling

 On Monday 8.mar.21, we went to the Starling Mall. After reading about PH eating this delicious set lunch at Hotpot 1 at Starling Mall's food court, I went to buy the same set but stated that I do not want the soup.

12.37 noon - sweet and sour seafish set with the chosen side dish as 3 small deep-fried fish.

Pour the rice into the Bros stainless steel container that I brought from home and pour the sweet and sour fish fillet dish on top of the rice to bring home to eat. Can smell the wok hei in the sweet and sour fish.

Put the 3 deep fried fish on top of all the food in the container.

6 pm - ate the 3 deep fried fish for dinner and kept the rice and fish fillet dish for the next day. Slowly chew the sharp bones and backbone of the 3 fish to eat everything of the fish including the head and bones.

Price is MYR 16 nett which is good value for money.

12.20 noon of Tuesday 9.mar.21, reheated the sweet and sour fish fillet dish and the rice mixed Mee hoon from the previous day for lunch. Two to share.

12.41 noon - my portion.  The fish fillet has some bones in it so need to be extra careful when eating the pieces of fish. This set lunch is very affordable and tasty! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Updated on 10.mar.21 wed, to clarify: only one piece of fish fillet has 2 bones inside. Not to worry. Still easy to eat these fish fillets.

18 comments:

  1. Got bones...then cannot eat with rice. Gotta chew separately. Not for lazy ppl like meπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one piece of the fish fillet has two bones in it.

      Delete
  2. That looks good, better than any hotpots I've seen around here. Ahhhh!!! You got a different type of fish, not the same as Phong Hong's. I love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo looks good! I also nipped over to PH's blog to check it out... looks good there too!

    So you tapau-ed everything into you container and didn't eat any on the spot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes looks good n taste good too. Yes again. Didn't eat any of this Hotpot 1 meal, all takeaway.

      Delete
    2. Coz food was all served nicely.

      Delete
    3. You mean the food was served nicely so should eat some before packing them away?

      Delete
    4. Normally will specify take-away if want to take away mah. Then everything will be packed up and not served nicely.

      Delete
    5. I don't want the plastic containers. Too many in my house already n I don't think they will be willing to put everything into my own container so I memang plan to pack the food into my own container from the dining in plates.

      Delete
    6. Hehehehe. πŸ‘πŸ˜„

      Delete
  4. I like the crispy fried fish too, I seldom cook that at home, must need a lot of oil and stronger flame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get the wok hei, yes need hot hot wok.

      Delete
  5. Have been a while I tasted sweet and sour fish. Yours looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I also like the crispy fish, and the sweet sour fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste delicious too! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

      Delete