Thursday, March 18, 2021

Mango

Yesterday, 17.mar.21 Wednesday, we went to Midvalley Mall for our weekly grocery. Walked into Popcorn Food Court. As it was before lunch time, very few customers were there. Many eatery stalls have closed down.

Lan Jie Fish stall is still around.

So is the pork noodles stall.

11.16 am - He ate brunch there. Dark herbal pork soup with rice from Kim Zen at MYR 10.90 nett. I ate brunch at home to clear remaining food from the fridge so I didn't remove my mask at all when in the food court.

Aeon Supermarket is having a mango fest.

They are selling 5 types of mango:
1. Mango Thai Susu at MYR 0.59 per 100g
2. Mango Golden Lily at MYR 0.89 per 100g
3. Golden Susu Mango at MYR 0.69 per 100g
4. Mango Thai Falan at MYR 0.69 per 100g
5. Mango Golden Phoenix at MYR 1.49 per 100g

Bought 3 mango Thai Susu at a total of MYR 5.99 nett. The lady seller selected two small ripe ones for me because I said I wanted to eat them on the day itself. I selected a bigger one which needs to wait a day for it to ripen.

4.16 pm - each of us eat one small mango each when we got home. The mango is orangey yellow in colour. Not very sweet but sweet enough. No sour taste at all.

The seed is rather fibrous. I should buy Golden Lily Mango next time because I think the seed is less fibrous.

20 comments:

  1. Many eatery stalls have closed down? Oh dear!!! I loved the food court on the first floor of Mid Valley, lots of lovely stalls, all the nice things to eat. Not a single living soul in this one - I sure would not mind sitting there and taking off my mask to eat. Should be safe since there is nobody else around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fate for me at popcorn food court. The one time I was determined to go, it was CNY and most stalls were closed. Now looks like closed permanently pulak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still enough stalls operating to try out.

      Delete
  3. Mango is my least favourite fruit. Somehow I would get sore throat or throat discomfort when I have mango. So I rarely buy and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is mango season!! Bought a few times already, from RM13 down to RM5.99... different types of mangoes... still have another 2 left, once finished, will go buy again...LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's mango season! we bought a few from supermart and still waiting for it to turn yellow before cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, its mango season. I have been buying mangoes from Aeon Big supermarket. There are 4 mangoes in the fridge waiting for me to cut and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly miss midvalley a lot. Wish I could bring my family go there again one day.

    Coincidently, we just had mango too the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later when borders reopen, u can bring them there.

      Delete
  8. My favorite mango so far is mango susu. I see that there are two types mentioned in your post, so next time I must take note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mango Susu I bought has lots of fiber so my spouse didn't like it. I think your favourite must be the one with higher price.

      Delete
  9. Mango is one of my favourite fruits. I am not good with the different types of mango and choosing them. Thanks for sharing the info about the different types of mango, I learned something. Usually my mom will buy the mangoes, the mangoes she chose are always sweet and juicy, yums!

    ReplyDelete