Monday, December 7, 2020

SubMerryn Superdelicious Cookies

 When I read about SubMerryn Christmas Fruitcake Cookies, I ordered 600g from her. You can read about her cookies on her blog post below:

https://www.submerryn.com/2020/11/homemade-christmas-fruitcake-cookies-for-sale.html


Collected the cookies yesterday Sunday 6 Dec 2020 d264 using grab service and received a nice hand written note from her. Isn't her hand writing tidy?


Upon receiving the cookies I immediately open the container and ate one. They are so very crunchy that I regret not buying more. The fruity taste really makes me think of Christmas fruit cake. Nearly ate them all but I stopped myself in time. He who can't stand dairy - milky or buttery taste in cookies, ate these cookies and gave them the thumbs up. 

I also bought 1kg sweet potatoes crackers from SubMerryn. The colours are all natural colours. You can read about how she made these crackers at her blog post here (it takes a lot of effort) :

https://www.submerryn.com/2020/07/homemade-sweet-potato-crackers-keropok.html

These complimentary lucky fellas are saved because they hid themselves during collection time and didn't get grabbed. It is the thought that counts so I am happy with SubMerryn's generosity.

*** Sunday 6 Dec 2020 d264 ***

9.45 am - breakfast of nasi lemak with small portion of rice. Two packets from Sepetang coffee shop costs MYR 14 Nett.

11.30 am - I ate mine as brunch. This is my favourite meal as it has a lot of ingredients: egg, rice, peanuts, anchovies, potatoes curry, chicken, and tiny Prawns - all the individual taste goes so well together. Will buy this Nasi Lemak every Sunday.

Also bought a pack of dry wanton noodles at MYR 6.50 Nett for not my dinner. My dinner at 5.40 pm consists of Christmas Fruitcake Cookies, sweet potatoes crackers and all remaining sour cream butter cakes in my fridge. Thus this weekend meals are all completed.

25 comments:

  1. I like the nasi lemak in the picture. Looks great. Is it from Malay stall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is not. Sepetang Nasi Lemak is on Foodpanda but I couldn't find it. will ask the coffee shop next Sunday.

      Delete
  2. She used to send me her cookies and stuff during those better times, not since COVID-19 as the mail service may not be all that dependable.

    Wowwwww!!! Your nasi lemak looks so good. Puts mine to shame - I've one coming up soon in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the mail service improves n she can send cookies to you again. This Nasi Lemak Sepetang is lemak santan but still may not be up to your high standard. I like it because it has many ingredients we can choose from.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Merryn is really something! Yes, not easy to make especially those crackers and tortoise angku... Christmas comes early this year for me too.. I ordered fruit cakes from my friend and they will be ready next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You are also getting ready for Christmas already.

      Delete
  4. I salute Merryn as she is a talented baker and very industrious! You must be enjoying yourself munching on those delicious cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare not open the 2nd container. Once open, sure all gone before I can blink my eyes, lolx!

      Delete
  5. She is a super baker huh! Guess I need to order from her too. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she is willing to pos laju to your house or she goes visit u in melaka.

      Delete
  6. Merryn is so talented and diligent to make these cookies, crackers and angku herself.

    The cookies look yum to dip into milk to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that she is talented. The cookies are very crunchy. No need to dip in milk as the crunchiness would be lost.

      Delete
  7. The angku look so pretty and cute, I would not bear to eat them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious cookies to enjoy. The angku look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo the cookies look very tempting indeed.

    The little tortoises are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bake your cookies right? Yes they are so cute, right?

      Delete
    2. I bake but my cookies don't turn out that good. Probably my oven no good (a bad baker blames the oven!)

      Tortoises must be quite tedious to make since shell and legs different colour.

      Delete
    3. You are right, oven is very important. If not good, the temperature not even, the cookies won't turn out nice. No need to put legs and head cos too cute to eat that way. Just make the shell is enough.

      Delete
  10. Nice handwriting. Better than mine, for sure. Haha. Good to able to support her.

    Yummy nasi lemak, I could have it anytime of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya nice handwriting. U got bake any eggless cookies? Yes NasiLemak can be eaten anytime.

      Delete
  11. I always loved to read Merryn's blog postings about her talented sons! I wish I am smart like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of cos u are. Your late mama will tell u that u r.

      Delete
  12. Thank you Mun for your support. Sorry for the late comment as I only got time to visit now after all the Christmas bake craze. A bit late to wish you a Merry Christmas but here's wishing you a very Happy New Year. May 2021 be a good year for us all

    ReplyDelete