Saturday, December 12, 2020

Muo Le

Yesterday was a public holiday (Friday 11 Dec 2020 d269) for Selangor so it was a day off for me.

11.13 am - Mee Bandung - the 3 prawns are fresh and tasty. The round ball next to the slices of tofu is a lime.

Pour in the soup. The soup is not spicy at all, is a little bit on the sweet side with lots of herbs in it so it tastes authentic taste. It is loaded with ingredients such as slices of beef and eggs with one egg yolk that is just cooked so it is soft.

11.33 am - My portion. I was very full after finishing this tasty meal including drinking all the broth.

Deep fried tofu stuffed with begedil.

The fillings of the tofu is begedil so it is like mashed potatoes. 3 remaining pieces are in the fridge. We ate 3 for lunch and 2 for dinner.

5.43 pm - we shared the Laksa Johor for dinner. The gravy is made of wolf herring (Ikan Parang) so it is very thick and tasty.

Left: Laksa Johor - noodles, fish crackers, raw beansprouts, herbs. Right: Soto ayam - shredded chicken meat, peanuts, deep fried glass noodles, raw beansprouts, one begedil and 3 ketupat for the compressed rice.

I saw this in insta so I bought 2 sets of combo. One set for my friend. They are sold individually too. Delivery fee is fixed at MYR 8 Nett. 

The set is packaged neatly with no spillage at all. A must try for those who like to eat bold, strong, rich food with authentic taste. I wasn't thirsty at all after drinking all the broth.

8.49 AM - my portion of Yee Mee for breakfast.

7 am - Yee Mee pork from Swee Heng bought on Thursday 10 Dec at MYR 7 nett with added lettuce. Our favourite pork Yee Mee. Another day completed.

16 comments:

  1. That mee Bandung looks so good, so upscale...not the typical Malay shop and stall ones. RM55 for all the 4 is a steal, so cheap. Prawns that size do not come cheap! Everything looks so good! Even the containers they use have class! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a delivery service only, no restaurants, no dine in. The combo is good value for money. Ah you are so observant to be able to tell that the containers are of better quality. Made of paper so is biodegradable and compostable.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a Malay food feast! I miss the mee bandung nearby my office...Eh your ofis is in Selangor? I thought ttdi is in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are back working in the office, right? So you can go eat the Mee Bandung. You are right, ttdi is kl but we are at the edge so chose to follow selangor holidays.

      Delete
  3. The mee bandung and Laksa Johor look very delicious. Nice to enjoy on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the mee bandung and Deep fried tofu stuffed with begedil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring your family vacation in kl n order this combo to try.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Feast all day. Haha. I never try Mee Bandung before. Hmm. I wonder how Johor laksa taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mee Bandung broth is very prawn seafood taste on the sweet side like Mee jawa. Johor laksa gravy is full of fish meat.

      Delete
  6. What public holiday is that? The mee bandung soup looks like curry. Got prawns, got tofu, got egg, I like! The deep fried tofu stuffed with begedil looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sultan Selangor Birthday! Yes the food is very tasty. Looks like curry but not spicy, a bit sweet.

      Delete
  7. I really love to eat Laksa Johor and used to stop by rest areas along Johor just to eat their laksa! I also love Laksa Kedah and Kelantan which have much difference.

    I am tempted to order now but need to be cautious as my wife is allergic to many types of fishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order and eat the laksa and seafood yourself. Your wife could eat the begedil and soto ayam.

      Delete
  8. Mee Bandung can vary a lot in the recipe. I've had ones with soggy noodles and too-sweet broth.

    Does your friend live near to you? Would be good if can average out delivery costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my friend lives quite near me. This Mee Bandung is not too sweet, just a bit sweet.

      Delete