Friday, December 11, 2020

Mung Bean Chicken Floss


Saw these two packs of mung bean pastry at a roadside makeshift stall. MYR 5.50 nett for each but promo MYR 10 Nett for any two so I bought one each for a total of MYR 10 nett on Saturday 21 Nov 2020 d249.

The fillings are chicken floss with mung beans.

Lots of white and dark sesame seeds on them.

Cross section - lots of chicken floss fillings. Taste more of chicken floss than mung bean. For those who likes to eat chicken floss, they will like this pastry.

10 Mung bean pastries. Similar to Tambun pastries sold in Penang.

Crumbly and not oily. I just couldn't resist mung bean pastry. Must buy them whenever I spot them.

*** Thursday 10 Dec 2020 d268 ***

9.46 am - fish fillet Mee hoon MYR 13 Nett from Swee Heng.

My portion.

not my lunch of rice and zhar yuk muk ye bought on Saturday. Cleared!

Satay beef burger from Wednesday 2 Dec 2020.
Double beef patty with cucumber slices and satay sauce. Taste is quite good. I like eating cold burgers, easier to manage than hot burgers.


16 comments:

  1. I would enjoy those Chinese pastries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are yummy even without butter cos their recipes do not have butter in them.

      Delete
  2. I like zhar yuk muk yee rice. Yummy pork😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zhar yuk is very flavourful, umami because it has been marinated with nam Yee.

      Delete
  3. I like mung beans biscuit too esp. those from Penang Him Heang.. they are very fresh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mung beans with chicken floss pastry. Your fish fillet beehoon looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U like chicken floss will like that pastry. Yes that fish fillet beehoon is tasty.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I always like to eat all kinds of mung bean pastry. This one is good too.

      Delete
  6. Would love to try the mung beans with chicken floss. Looks fluffy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Main taste is chicken floss. Can't taste the mung beans. :(

      Delete
  7. I just got back from Penang and forgot to buy all the biscuits and mung bean stuffs. That was because I was driving alone and in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold sauces would be solid compared to runny when warm. Is that why easier to handle?

    ReplyDelete