Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Chok Family Restoran

 

Food panda delivery: two noodles with a MYR 8 Nett discount from https://m.facebook.com/Chokfamilyrestor

I have not heard of this eatery before but took a chance to order from it when it showed up with discount in the app when I was searching for Win Soon because we wanted to buy fish head meehoon. This eatery seems to be located inside Endah Parade. When I place the order online there was no text box to type instructions so I had to call the eatery to request them to omit the milk for the soup which they obliged.

5.20 pm - helped to finish the remaining Kai see hor fun. The soup tastes of prawns which is good so both of us drank it to the last drop.

5 pm - Kai see hor fun. Not my dinner but I have to help to finish it.
1.19 pm - raw cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce from the previous day PichaEats' orders. Still very crunchy and refreshing. I suspect they dip the vegetables into very cold water immediately after chopping them to maintain the crunchiness.
11.47 am - help to finish the fish head meehoon. The soup is flavourful but not overly salty which is good. Both of us drank all the soup.
11.14 not my breakfast - non fried fish head meehoon with added lettuce. Too much for 1 pax so I have to help out.

20 comments:

  1. I love the milky fish mee hoon soup, can get it over at your side only, not here...except maybe at that Sugar Bun spin-off, the Sabah fish whatever. Have not been for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used to be naturally white from boiling the fried fish bones for a long time but now people just take short cut and use milk powder to make the soup milky white. Guess your side the seller doesn't want to put milk powder into the soup which should be the way.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this restaurant before. Not into any food from Endah Parade.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r so bias 🤣😂 but u do go there for Aeon Big right?

      Delete
  3. That reminds me that I have not had fish head meehon for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too troublesome to eat with all the fish bones.

      Delete
  4. I have been eating noodles and loving fish noodles again. I enjoy fish head noodles but it can be quite a hassle when eating out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer mr fish fillets no need to deal with the bones.

      Delete
  5. Indeed the portions are big, I also won't be able to finish it all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big portions for big eaters or 2 small eaters.

      Delete
  6. Now I am thinking of eating fish noodles for tomorrow's breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your side has a very nice fish fillet noodles I remember.

      Delete
  7. My vote goes to the Kai See Hor Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like the milk added into the soup of the Fish Head Mee Hoon. My wife dislikes it and explained that they are not supposed to add milk just to make it whitish. The real way is to boil the fish bones overnight until it excreted out the natural white colour. Whoa! I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wife is correct. The white is supposed to be from boiling the fish bones for a long time to turn the soup white.

      Delete
  9. I keep seeing lettuce added to your meals, until now I've decided to buy some for myself. Hehe the power of social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, so how do you like it? The lettuce? Like or don't like?

      Delete
    2. Lettuce is still sitting untouched in the fridge!

      Delete
    3. Oh no! Better eat them before they layu.

      Delete