Friday, December 18, 2020

Three again

I dislike washing broccoli.

Because of the tiny bits of broccoli floating in the water after that.

I don't want the bits of broccoli to go down my sink so I removed them by using a sieve.

6  pm Dinner - food panda delivery during lunchtime from Restoran Formosa, kuchai lama. The tub on the left contains braised tofu puffs MYR 4 ala carte while the tub on the right which is included in the set D1 contains one braised egg and braised tofu puffs. I ate half the broccoli raw and steamed the remaining broccoli for 15 mins which is too long. Next time would just steam them for 10 mins.

Set D1 - The fried chicken are in paper bags.

Crispy chicken pieces. Included in Set D1.

Deep fried chicken chop made from chicken breast meat.

MYR 12 off the Formosa restaurant bill.

Lunch - Nasi tomato with ayam masak merah from Pak Ali Selera Kampung, kuchai lama. The Nasi tomato is far from our favourite Nasi tomato in a canteen in Penang 28 years ago. This is basmati rice with tomato taste only, not spicy. The gravy of the ayam masak merah is full of tomato taste, is on the sweet side and only a tiny bit spicy. Can you spot the aluminum roll hiding behind the box? The two roti canai are rolled inside it.

I like the cold satay beef burger the previous time so I bought two A&W burgers and kept them in the fridge.


Pak Ali Selera Kampung's bill is about MYR 15.
The A&W burgers cost about MYR 22.

 7.50 am - not my breakfast of pork Yee Mee bought on Wednesday.

1.50 pm - my portion of pork yimi and my portion of Nasi tomato. Completed meals for Thursday 17 Dec 2020 d275

24 comments:

  1. We place a filter at the outlet of the kitchen sink to catch anything and everything so they will not flow down and clog the drain. My pick of the lot - nasi tomato & ayam masak merah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you wash the filter then? Removed those easy to remove debris and use water to wash away those tiny ones stuck in the filter?

      Delete
    2. Hit it against the side of the litter bin till clean. A little bit left is fine, can turn on the tap, drain all away.

      Delete
  2. Yeah we have a sieve as well so we will remove them instead of letting them being drained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought the first picture was of mould/kulat haha. Maybe the way you cut it? I'd cut the stem part vertically without touching the florets, snapping by hand the the fatter stems which are to be divided into smaller sections. The florets follow whatever stem part they're attached to. I don't get that many loose florets.

    Delivery charges of rm5 are reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also let the florets break naturally so each floret will be like its own tree. I don't cut through them. Eh, you wash your own broccoli? Not helper wash ah? Food panda delivery fees are better cos they serve nearer places.

      Delete
    2. I used to cook regularly but much less now. And by now I also don't know where things are since my helper puts them here and there. Guess the nearer places are those I feel that I might as well go there myself. I did see a couple of places with delivery charges of just 50sen - THAT price I am fine to pay haha. Maybe they jacked up the menu price though, hmmmm.

      Delete
    3. Jacked up menu prices but if get 30% off then will be lower than before jack up price.

      Delete
  4. crispy fried chicken looks good! I have eaten at Formosa Kuchai Lama before, but that was very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like they can still tahan.

      Delete
    2. Yea i think they have been around for almost 20 years.

      Delete
    3. Hope they survive this too.

      Delete
  5. I like broccoli, just blanch them for less than 2-3 minutes.. crunchy and sweet.. usually cut them to smaller pieces..easier to eat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do u use the water u blanch them in to make soup or to drink? Cos some vitamins could be in there.

      Delete
  6. I am feeling hungry and looking at the crispy fried chicken, I am getting more hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont like eating raw broccoli. I usually blanched with boiling water.

    Crispy chicken, anytime for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raw broccoli has vitamins which are destroyed by heat.

      Delete
  8. You just reminded me that i hv not steam broccoli and eat with roasted sesame dressing for a long time. The crispy chicken pieces and deep fried chicken chop make me think of kfc.

    ReplyDelete