Sunday, December 20, 2020

Nasi Lemak Sepetang

 Every Sunday morning, we will go to Taman Desa to buy this Nasi Lemak at Sepetang coffee shop for breakfast. This Nasi Lemak has delivery service via food panda but unfortunately food panda says my area is outside their delivery zone though google map says they are just about 9 km away. I wonder how big is food panda delivery radius. The link to food panda for this is:

https://www.foodpanda.my/restaurant/k8zf/nasi-lemakat-restoran-sepetang?r=1

This is their make shift stall in the coffee shop.

People queuing behind me.

People queuing in front of me. Yes, they are that popular. This must be their peak hours, at about 9 am.

Today is Sunday so we just went and bought our two packs of Nasi Lemak with a small portion of rice each. One with tiny prawns in dry curry sauce and one with either dry curry slices of wild boar or dry curry slices of chicken. Total price is MYR 14 Nett.

I also bought one curry puff with chicken and egg MYR 2 and 4 pulut panggang at MYR 1 each from the stall in the outside Sepetang shop walkway for my friend.

*** Saturday 19 Dec 2020 d277 ***

9.11 am - not my breakfast of BC & S medium portion of wanton Mee with char siew and wantons at MYR 7 nett bought on Wednesday, 3 days ago.

10.07 am - since it is a medium portion, there was too much noodles so I had to help to eat the noodles. The gravy is too thick and too heavy for my liking so I put some kimchi cabbage from Uzu Chicken bought on Friday 27 Nov 2020 which is 23 days ago (more than 3 weeks ago) so that the sourness cuts through the sweetish soy sauce boringness and make the noodles more palatable to me. I ate all the remaining noodles using this way without needing to retch.

11.50 am - not my lunch of duck breast rice add siew yuk MYR 10 nett bought from the shop next to lucky alley coffee shop. I bought takeaway of pork ribs miensi gravy (tauchu paste gravy) with rice and one other pack of zhar yuk muk ye rice for a total of MYR 15.50 Nett as food for next week day. Storing food like squirrels storing nuts for winter. I just ate one spoonful of rice with one piece of siew yuk and one piece of duck breast.

3.45 pm - I was very hungry by this time. Instead of eating the a&w satay beef burger, I chose to eat nestle abc corn ice cream with sprouted grain rainbow bread. Then ate nestle strawberry ice cream and Wall's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. Binging on ice cream as late lunch.

6.20 pm - not my dinner of stir fried lou su fen which looks like fat cacing tanah. He was disappointed that there are no prawns, just minced pork and waxed sausages. I ate one spoonful just to test the taste. Acceptable.

At 7.30 pm, when I was ready to eat, I decided that it was too late to eat the satay beef burger so I snacked instead on 2 packs of Julie peanut butter sandwich biscuits with 4 sandwich biscuits in a pack so I ate a total of 16 pieces of biscuits with 8 peanut butter fillings. Before that I ate one piece of kuih lapis spekoek. Need another 6 days to clear this kuih lapis spekoek and kuih lapis prune. So definitely will clear them before 2021. What a junk food unhealthy Saturday for me.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like Sipitang in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Wild boar? I guess this place is not halal then. It sure looks good, I must say. Glad to see people observing physical distancing.

    Went out early to a shop in the town centre this morning - dunno if it is because of the Chinese festival tomorrow or what but there were so many people, one behind the other in the queue at the cashier, no physical distancing...and the temperature gun did not work, I was so pissed off. I'll just stick to my neighbourhood shops from now on and make do with what I can get there, not so many people - safer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuala Sepetang is a place in Perak. Yes got pork. At least they wear masks and stand a bit apart. I dare not go malls cos sure will be many people especially weekends. You should tell them off for not keeping their distance. Safest is to stay home.

      Delete
  2. Cacing tanah! LOL! I have never tried eating ice cream with bread. If I remember correctly Baskin Robbins has ice cream with buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know br got ic with buns. Br got deal these few days. Order and pay online and pick up in the next few days. I didn't buy because cannot go pickup cos working.

      Delete
  3. That Sepetang nasi lemak is located at very busy area with limited parking, so I don't think I will drop by to try it. Too bad there is no delivery to my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Sunday early morning at 8 am which is the time I go there, got lots of parking cos the usual paid parking outside the shops is free parking on Sunday. If u want to go, just go on Sunday 8 am or earlier. They open at 6.30 am.

      Delete
    2. Thx for info. Will try one day.

      Delete
  4. OMG just look at the long queue. Must be darn delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow good business for the nasi lemak stall.

    Cacing tanah is so NOT an appetising comparison haha. I like lou shi fun once in a while for a change, since not so commonly available compared to other types of noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this Nasi Lemak stall is very popular. Glad we found it.
      Hahahaha on the cacing tanah. Colour also is almost the same. 😂Yes not commonly found so he requested for it. 😂😂

      Delete