Tuesday, December 15, 2020

DIY Rootbeer Float

Still going on about ice cream. This time I compared the taste between Walls and Nestle for the Neopolitan ice cream. Why is this ice cream with 3 flavours called Neopolitan ice cream? You can read about the reason at the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_ice_cream

Wall's tub is higher than Nestle's tub. Wall's ice cream has stronger flavours for all three - the strawberry is sweeter with a tangy taste, the vanilla is creamier and the chocolate taste is richer with a slight bitter taste when compared to Nestle's ice cream which is less sweet with the taste of the three flavours that are mild and pleasant. I am fine with both but price wise, Nestle's ice cream has a lower price.

Wall's Neopolitan ice cream is made in Thailand whereas Nestle's Neopolitan ice cream is made locally.

I just discovered why I like to eat Rootbeer float. I just like to eat the slushy semi frozen frothy foams of the Rootbeer mixed with vanilla ice cream as shown by the photo below. I managed to diy lots of semi frozen frothy foams so it was very tasty, better than the ones bought where there is not as much slushy.

So much slushy semi frozen frothy foams of Rootbeer mixed with vanilla ice cream.

The above photo does not look nice but it tastes great. I pour Rootbeer onto frozen ice cream to create lots of frothy foams and then freeze them until they turn into lots of semi frozen slushy. So yummy!

*** Monday 14 Dec 2020 d272 ***

5.30 pm - shared a curry puff bought on Saturday from Lai Lai dessert. Not sure how much it costs but will ask next time I buy it again. The hard-boiled egg made up half of the curry puff's fillings. My last food for this day.

4.20 pm - ate 3 cold jiao zi from the fridge. I like the soft doughy skin which is much thicker than sui gao.

4 pm - ate all the remaining rice of the previous day's siew yuk rice with kimchi from Uzu Chicken more than 14 days ago. Add some pecans and walnuts for texture and protein.

12.30 pm - ate a bit of not my lunch claypot chicken rice with salted fish and waxed sausage bought from Ming Hin coffee shop on Sunday for MYR 10 Nett. Added iceberg vege to it. Too much sauce in the rice IMHO.

12 noon - my portion of 3jc mihun from Ming Hin coffee shop.

9.40 am - half a vege bao. The shredded jicama and carrot fillings taste like the fillings of chye kuih (crystals dumplings).

9.30 am - half a sang yuk bao. Was surprised to find hard boiled egg in this bao.

8 am - not my breakfast of 3jc mihun from Ming Hin with added little gem lettuce.


20 comments:

  1. The egg must be accidentally stuffed into the sang yuk pao😂. I will be eating sang yuk pao for my lunch later today. U can bcome taste tester for ice cream company already. Wht's next? Magnum mini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the egg is part of sang yuk bao. I will ask the price next time. Magnum ice creams, reviewed already.

      Delete
  2. My favourite is Walls. I think the only other brands I would buy is Magnolia, coconut...and also La Cremeria, yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, nestle ice cream tastes better than magnolia ice cream.

      Delete
  3. It has been a long time since I had a Neopolitan ice cream. Ah! I remember enjoying the A&W Rootbeer float. I want to try to DIY it too hee.hee..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was addicted to Rootbeer Float some years ago and made my own Coke Float too. I found it too fattening and should drink separately for my case. I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eat and drink both also same fattening la. Must stop both or drop one if don't want the fattening part.

      Delete
  5. I also love root beer especially from A&W... reminds me of my younger days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah also do our very own rootbeer too with ice cream and AnW beverage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your children would love Rootbeer float.

      Delete
  7. I used to enjoy Rootbeer float but have never tried making it myself. The curry puff looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will buy the curry puff again because it is quite ok. Don't think you will diy Rootbeer float right?

      Delete
  8. Aha interesting info in this post. I had a look at the Neopolitan link, now I know!

    So it's Walls first, then Nestle and last Magnolia. Good to know. Magnolia was the one I recently tried and disliked. So there is still hope for me that Walls would be acceptable. I used to like tub ice-creams when I was working in the UK, 'normal' ones as in not Haagen Dasz or anything. Local ones so far I don't like.

    And finally that's an ingenious way of getting more 'slush' in rootbeer floats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do try walls n nestle. Maybe nestle taste is not strong enough for you. If like more slush in Rootbeer floats, can do this. In uk I eat usa ice cream ben and jerry. Very sweet.

      Delete
    2. Oo I've not tried Ben and Jerry. Saw them when I first started work when they were beyond my budget.

      Delete
  9. Nux is right, you are like an ice cream tester, we hv all these three brands of ice cream in our supermarket, walls, nestle and magnolia. Must try all three one of these days to see which brand i like the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have not eaten them before?

      Delete
    2. Magnolia and walls i think got but not nestle but i did not register their taste to be able to make a comparison.

      Delete