Tuesday, December 8, 2020

PichaEats

Salad and rice and roasted chicken.

Roasted chicken. Taste similar to Tandoori chicken.

Mandy Rice made from Basmati rice, star anise, raisin and other spices. Not spicy.

Hummus. Chili flakes hummus I guess.

Coriander hummus with pita.

Baklava - taste like kacang tumbuk.

Musakhan rolls on the left and chicken shawarma wrap on the right with a yogurt dip in the middle.

Chicken kibbeh on the left and falafel on the right with pita bread.

Fatayer lamb and Triangle shaped Fatayer spinach.

I believe this is mini chicken dynamite from the process of elimination. The rolls contain bits of fried chicken with cabbage and mayo.

Two box sets of 3 types of hummus with pita, candied nuts and chips.

5 large plastic containers, 2 paper boxes and 3 round plastic containers.

These are the contents of one box set.

This set is meant for 5 person.

This set is also meant for 5 person so I shared half of the food with my friend. My friend and I like this cuisine so we would eat the food over a few days due to the large portion.

 Eat and help refugees - that is what PichaEats is all about. Read more at https://www.pichaeats.com/en/ about how it works since 2016 and the meals options.

*** Monday 7 Dec 2020 d265 ***

Not my breakfast of steamed salted chicken rice from Lucky Alley bought on Saturday with added vegetables.

Not my dinner of the remaining chicken rice to clear all of it.

My lunch of Mozzarella King beef bought on Sunday 29 Nov 2020, 8 days ago. Still edible, I like the creamy cheese taste and smokey beef taste. May buy this burger again.

Ate this remaining portion of radish kimchi bought from GoHeung on Thursday 26 Nov 2020, 11 days ago. There are still two small portions of napa cabbage kimchi in the fridge. As kimchi is a fermented product, it should be ok to keep them longer in the fridge. Will eat them slowly as side dishes to other main meals to make the main meals more appetising.

18 comments:

  1. Like tandoori chicken? I like!!! We have one place here serving nasi mandy/mandi - a variety of combinations. Yet to go and try. So many interesting things in the post, never seen nor heard of before. Sure would wanna try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is flavourful with unique spices. Tasty! I like. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. The food from pichaeats are so very tempting but since they cater for 5 people, it is not convenient for me to order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have individual meals too. Please check their website.

      Delete
  3. But that is way too much food?!

    I don't know Arabian cuisine well... haven't tried many things. I like the rice dishes so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yes. Have to share half with my friend and eat over a few days.

      Delete
  4. looks good! that's a huge order! and must be pricey too...Long time didn't have middle eastern food....I miss kebab, hummus and mandy rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a small gathering with your sister, can order this if your parents are ok with this cuisine.

      Delete
  5. That is a lot of food ordering. It will take days to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy to eat for the whole week. 😂

      Delete
  6. Ouh why is the roasted chicken similar to tandoori chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the spices used for the marinate is similar.

      Delete
  7. We used to have one stall selling such food here in our food court but now no more, probably due to the pandemic. What do you do with all the food containers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep to store non edibles like wrapped biscuits n wrapped packeted nuts or whatever things that can fit inside.

      Delete
  8. Oh these are middle eastern food, I thought they are Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these authentic Indian food. I am paying great attention to the names before I ever make my maiden trip to India. Jaipur is calling me!

    ReplyDelete