Friday, June 5, 2020

Hokto Recipe

Thursday 4 June 2020 d79 - 8 am - Went out to buy gardenia loaf bread and took the opportunity to takeaway our favourite seafood meehoon (MYR 8 nett) which we last ate on Wednesday 4 March 2020, exactly 3 months ago. The Choy Kei Coffee Shop is not accepting dine in yet unlike other coffee shops in the same row.

6 pm - Not my dinner of non fried instant noodles, sausage, vege, smoked pork belly in the remaining soup from the seafood mee hoon in the morning.

Saw this recipe in the Hokto Mushrooms container. There are more recipes at the local website.

Two recipes.

Raw Hokto Bunapi mushroom blended into a smoothie?

This salad should taste good.

They are grown locally now if I am not mistaken.

My vege lunch at 1 pm with a small piece of meat.

2 pm - Curry gravy on a slice of bread to clear the wild boar curry. I take care of clearing the food. This bowl is from the photo before this. I put drinking water inside the bowl to clean off the curry gravy sticking onto the bowl and then drink all the water so the bowl looks clean in this photo. I find it easier to wash the bowl this way.

18 comments:

  1. Grown locally but have been branded to look like Japanese products. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way u clean the bowl is also done by my mum on porridge bowl or rice bowl when there is porridge/rice sticking in it. She always got everyone to clean it this way as to not waste the tiny bits & easier to wash too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means you also do it too! As your mom will ask you to. Yes, this is a good way to not waste and also helps clean.

      Delete
  3. My girl loves those mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushroom banana smoothie? I think I will pass and go for the salad instead hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Y put raw mushrooms in smoothie?

      Delete
  5. Very few coffee shops only accept takeaway but mostly started to accept dine in. Wild boar curry, seldom eat that. Usually cook wild boar with soy sauce, lemon grass. Not in curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I also will go for the salad.. it looks so appetizing and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried banana smoothie but not with mushrooms added. Have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal banana smoothie yes but not with raw mushrooms added.

      Delete
  8. I'm thrifty but hmm how to drink curry water...

    Saw something against raw mushrooms before. I was eating raw button mushrooms during student days in the UK, though obviously not in quantities large enough to cause any problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not a question of thrifty but a matter of convenient of washing the container. Nuxv's mother also do it this way for the convenience.

      Delete
  9. I love mushrooms so dont mind trying banana mushroom smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, brave to try raw mushrooms in smoothie.

      Delete