Sunday, June 7, 2020

Char Pek Koi


This is the stir fried white rice cake bought from Soon Lei eatery near Kuchai Lama. It has small prawns, spring onions, cabbage, celery, slices of pork, deep fried lard (ju yao zhar) and white rice cake of course. The flat rice cake is somewhat similar to toppoki. Price is MYR 9 nett for the smallest portion. Two of us share this rice cake dish at 7 pm for dinner. Soon Lei eatery has opened for dine in and only one table was occupied when I was waiting for my takeaway order at about 9 am.

This was when I just opened the package. The soft rice cakes were lumped together but it is ok because I like it to be  doughy and soft.

The package - plastic sheet tied together using its corners.

Saturday 6 June 2020 d81. Breakfast bought takeaway from Soon Lei eatery near kuchai lama - Fish head mihun with bittergourd, tofu and yam at MYR 18 nett for the small portion which is enough for two small eaters.

My portion.

Must drink all the remaining soup.

18 comments:

  1. Oooooo...that looks so so good! Must try the ones there the first chance I get to hop over. Never saw it anywhere before...or maybe I just wasn't looking. Now I gotta go out and but today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know any other places selling this except this place.

      Delete
  2. Seldom take white rce cake. Not many selling it either.

    Sounds yummy, with the lard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time haven't eaten char pek koi. Looks delicious. I like soup with yam in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tasty after not eating it for a long time myself too. The yam in the soup is tasty!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes. Pek koi means white kuih I believe.

      Delete
  5. I would love to try but I doubt I could find it near my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy the rice cakes and cook it at home.

      Delete
  6. Your post reminds me there's lots of food I haven't had in a while due to MCO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now rmco so can go eat but still take precautions la.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't bother to go out by myself for food.

      Delete
    3. Yes cos you have home cooked food and to eat with SE and JE and your whole family.

      Delete
  7. Toppoki is korean rice cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had eaten before and i dont really like it as i find them rubbery and not easy to chew.

      Delete
    2. Yes, some of them are like that and I don't like those too but some are not like that and are tasty!

      Delete