Monday, June 8, 2020

Just like before

8.30 am - not my breakfast on Sunday 7 June 2020 d82. One of the eggs is for me.

9.17 am - my breakfast of one slice of wholemeal bread and an egg. Then we went to Midvalley Mall to do an errand after our previous visit there on 14 March 2020 Saturday which is nearly 3 months ago. Since we were there, might as well go to the supermarkets to buy groceries. Q from 10.34 to 11.09 am to enter Aeon Supermarket and paid the bill at 12.27 noon due to having to keep communicating on hp because the orders to buy items kept rolling in. After that, both of us were so hungry that we just have to dine in.

Cutlery is provided in a ziplock bag - very good.

Order done at 1.16 pm.

Wanted to eat at Honolulu Cafe but there was no place to put our shopping cart so went to the eatery opposite. Tables have been removed for social distancing so it was pleasant to dine in with less people around in the dining area.

We kept an eye on our shopping cart which we parked next to our seats but on the outside of the eatery.

We were sitting at the 3rd row which we have vacated when this photo was snapped.

So Thai hou sek is the eatery we dined in during cmco.

12.54 noon - my order was served.

The hot coffee is included in my set lunch with a top up fees. This roast pork fried rice is from the ala carte menu.

Total price is MYR 38.15 nett.

While eating, keep checking the q into Aeon big Supermarket because if short q can go in as well. Long q at 1 pm.

Still got q at 1.15 pm.

1.30 pm still got q.

1.30 pm - go buy kfc for dinner takeaway since no q. Just get scanned for temperature and scan qr code to register and in I go to place my order. 1.5 meter marker to stand.

No q. This is so nice because usually during this time, kfc would be bursting with customers q'ing at the counter.

Impulse buy 15 nuggets for MYR 10 because I was only supposed to buy 3 pieces of chicken ala carte. Total bill MYR 25.30 nett with ala carte 3 pieces chicken at MYR 15.30 nett.

Oh, KyoChon has opened in Midvalley Mall after taking over the shop lot vacated by Tony Roma.

Buying childhood biscuits to fulfill a request.

So many containers of biscuits.

When you were a child, did you eat the biscuits on the left?

Must buy 200g at least so I bought the least and the price is MYR 8.75 nett.

This sultana biscuits were also popular during the time when we were young in primary school.

The biscuits from Aeon on the right is very tasty with sourish pineapple jam as fillings.

1.55 pm - the long, curvy, winding q to enter Jaya Grocer, Gardens Mall so no chance for me to shop there.

I was buying Bak kwa to fulfill a request when I saw the promotion buy two boxes of Bak kwa at MYR 68 nett so I bought two boxes.

Please click on the photo to read the ingredients.

Remember the mysterious project I mentioned here.

Saw this offer so couldn't resist and bought two to get the discount.

3 layers only.
Taste better than I thought.

Spent nearly 4 hours in Midvalley Mall just like the good old days but better when dining in due to less people and less crowded but elsewhere in the mall, the people are back, full of people including young children. So it is just like before except people wear masks now. I had my temperature scanned 7 times for entering 7 shops.

16 comments:

  1. Gosh 7 times!!! With the long q to enter the supermarts reallh put me off! I hav yet to dine out or go to mid v yet...hav been thinking twice if to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will go to ioi City Mall for lunch soon when you go to your office to work.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! So many people! Things are rather slow in picking up here, most places, hardly anybody. I would avoid crowded places as far as possible, not ready to go back to normal just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent gone to shopping mall. I dont like long q.

    I usually go to the hypermarket, buy my stuff and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like long queue but I don't mind if the queue is moving fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It moves when ppl has paid and has exited the supermarket.

      Delete
  5. Yeah it is always more enjoyable to savour your food with less commotion around right? Well savour it...soon...it will resume normal. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still need to follow sop so still less tables?

      Delete
  6. Thumbs up to where they put cutleries in ziplock bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a very good move to keep them clean.

      Delete
  7. Did you get hand sanitiser 7 times as well?

    Oo got young children huh. My friend went to MV in the early days when dining in was allowed. But later started appearing on the news not to bring kids out so I wasn't sure if MV would allow. Mine are still in prison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than 7 times sanitizing my hands until my skin cracked open on its own. Now rmco is allowed though still up to parents to evaluate the risk cos KL not green zone yet.

      Delete
  8. Is this your first dine in after so long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Mar 17, 2020 is the previous dine in.

      Delete