Friday, June 19, 2020

Smuckers Goober Grape

I grew up eating this Smucker's Goober Grape so I always keep one or two bottles in my fridge when the price is low on offer. I read some not very good reviews about it but I will always love the taste. 

There is another product called Smucker's Goober Strawberry and even though I love to eat strawberry jam but I have never bought it to try or maybe I did buy it but it just did not reach me because I did not grow up eating it. Now I think of it, I don't think I have seen the Strawberry version on the supermarkets' shelves, just the grape version. I know lady's choice also have grape and peanut butter but I only like this brand. Maybe because it reminds me of my childhood.

Oh, I have two bottles in my fridge - one expiring in Aug 2020 and one in Nov 2020 and I don't think I will be able to finish them in time before they expire.

*** 18 June 2020 Thursday d93 ***

1.48 pm - my lunch of 5 kfc nuggets with 2 slices of sprouted grain bread.

6 pm - dinner for 2pax, pork mushrooms dumplings with nai pak vegetables and the one remaining green bell pepper so finally finished all the red and green capsicums.

6.30 pm - my portion of dinner, 3 dumplings

18 comments:

  1. I have eaten Smuckers goober grapes a long time ago and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy dumplings again...i prefer pork filling than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This brand tastes good. Yes pork fillings are tasty.

      Delete
  3. We've finished our stock of peanut butter and kaya. Right now, finishing off our jam, Chivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to restock on the peanut butter I guess. Chivers strawberry jam is the flavour we usually buy here.

      Delete
  4. Smucker's Goober Grape reminds me of my childhood. Now old already...too sweet for me. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my kids also grow up eating that jar of smuckers.. those days, it was quite expensive too... now I do not know how much.. never buy anymore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why parents like to buy for children to eat. Now I think is MYR 18 ish for the big bottle.

      Delete
  6. I dont think i had tasted smuckers goober grapes before but i had seen it before.

    Oopps! I still hv chicken nuggets in my fridge not fried and eaten yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not tasted then no need try. Frozen chicken nuggets can keep a long time.

      Delete
  7. I never try Smuckers brand. I growing up with kaya and peanut butter. In college and working time, I got to try jam, chocolate spread, butter and other healthier spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya no need try Smuckers now cos it is sweet and good for memories. So what is your favourite spread?

      Delete
  8. I tried Smucker's Goober Grape many years ago but it is not my favorite. So far I have not see the strawberry version, in fact I did not even know they have strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is because you didn't eat it when you are very young, like 5 years old. To a 5 year old, it was oh so delicious!

      Delete
  9. Yes Goober grape was also part of my childhood days. It was expensive but my father would buy occasionally. Lately I've been eyeing these but haven't bought as I don't think I'd like them enough to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also eat them very very very slowly as dessert as they are sweet.

      Delete