Saturday, June 20, 2020

Aik Bee Biscuit

Bought this roll of 5 mung beans biscuits at MYR 3.70 nett from De Market, Taman Desa.

It is made in Klang. The wrapper is the only layer wrapping the biscuits so I prefer the packaging of Huat Huat mung bean biscuits.

The biscuit has a small piece of paper underneath it and it breaks apart easily so need to handle with care. Taste wise, it is not similar to other mung beans biscuits because I could not quite taste the mung beans aroma. The fillings taste more like lotus paste.

*** Friday 19 June 2020 d94 ***

11.20 am - lunch of two slices of trout, Kai choy, 80 ml Calrose rice is ready. Reminds me of risotto again. Who would have thought the slight bitter taste of Kai choy would go so well with trout.

Keep for dinner.

My portion - yums! So all frozen trout pieces are cleared on this d94.

14 comments:

  1. It has been ages since I last sampled such "traditional" biscuits. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have grown out of these type of biscuits.

      Delete
  2. I guess the trout eaten with the kai choy must be very tasty. Not into dry biscuits like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is tasty. The biscuits were not dry. The fillings are quite sticky.

      Delete
  3. I like those tau sar pia. I prefer pek tau sar/mung bean. Here, it's the other way round. They tell you it is lotus paste but it tastes like mung bean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like those Penang tambun biscuits Ghee Hiang or Him Heang, very nice mung bean fillings. This fillings are sticky more like lotus paste but lotus paste is more expensive, that's y some say is lotus paste but use potatoes as fillers for the fillings with very little lotus paste.

      Delete
  4. Mung bean but taste like lotus paste? Tht's interesting. Then it might taste like lotus paste mooncake😁😁 my imagination went too far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes more like those marriage biscuits with one yellow and one pink. Yellow with lotus paste and pink with red bean paste.

      Delete
  5. That's a nice rice dish, more dishes than rice. I don't dare buy kai choy for fear they would be bitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we use two pieces of trout and whole Kai choy with only half a cup of rice. Kai choy is only a little bit bitter. Very nice.

      Delete
  6. Traditional peah. Not my cup of tea. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mung bean biscuits especially the salty version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have eaten the salty version before. It is sweet with a slight saltiness to it.

      Delete