Sunday, October 2, 2022

Quinoa

On Sunday 2.oct.2022, went to Taman Desa to buy chapfan lunch and Fatty Mixed Rice Sri Petaling to buy chapfan dinner. Also bought fruits at Just Fruits Taman Desa and ordered pandamart delivery to use up a 20% voucher.

*** Salad Atelier ***

4.22 pm - a close up look of the Quinoa.

My own selection of salad bowl with no dressings, avocado, roasted lamb, quinoa, pumpkin which has been roasted in butter, capsicum, beetroot and pineapple which has been soaked in syrup. I prefer pumpkin to be without butter and pineapple without syrup.

This time I chose quinoa instead of greens as the base because I want to try quinoa because I read that it has more fibers and lots of nutrients. The quinoa is crunchy and with nutty taste so it does not need any dressings at all.

The roasted lamb is all lean meat which is suitable for me.

For leafy greens as base they will use the bigger container. For quinoa as base, the container is a bit smaller.

A small paper bag for delivery.

Quinoa, roasted lamb and avocado selections need top up payment.

Grabfood monthly subscription plan of MYR 4.9 gives free delivery up to MYR 3 and MYR 8.5 off the food.

This photo from this shopee store shows 3 types of quinoa and 1 mixed quinoa that this store is selling. I think the quinoa I ate is the mixed quinoa.

*** Sunday 2.oct.2022 ***

1.51 pm - chapfan with no rice MYR 11 from Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop:
1. Broccoli cauliflower
2. Soyknots enoki
3. Egg tofu
4. Long beans
5. Napa cabbage
6. Two braised eggs
MYR 10 for one single portion of siew yuk.

Chapfan for elderlies:
1. Tuck Tuck Tei chapfan MYR 8.5 with a small portion of rice, soyknots, napa cabbage and petai minced meat
2. Sing Kee Kitchen chapfan MYR 7 with a small portion of rice, bitter gourd, petola and one braised egg.

12.05 noon - nasi lemak Sepetang MYR 7.5 with pork curry and potatoes curry. Added siew yuk and veges from chapfan to it.

5.29 pm - 3 chapfan dinner MYR 23 from Fatty Mixed Rice eatery.

Bought a peeled pineapple at MYR 6.5 from Just Fruits Taman Desa.

1.46 pm - 4 large orange 9.5 cm diameter at MYR 13 and 2 ripe avocados at MYR 13 which I tried to select two ripe ones as best as I could.

5.40 pm - we shared one soft avocado which is creamy with a hint of green taste.

Bought some items on offer from Pandamart to use up the 20% voucher.

I like to eat this munchy's Lexus chocolate coated biscuits so I bought one pack of 10 individually packed biscuits in a big pack MYR 5.5 minus 20% which is MYR 4.4 after the discount.

8 comments:

  1. I don't remember I tasted quinoa before or not. But a good substitute than green, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best if eat raw leafy greens with quinoa but salad Atelier doesn't have this option for one meal. Have to buy two meals n eat them together to get raw leafy salad greens with quinoa.

      Delete
  2. I too can't remember whether I have eaten quinoa. Both salad bowls look yummy. Anything with green taste is not for hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only one type of salad bowl with quinoa here. Raw leafy greens are not for your hubby then as he doesn't like the green taste. Many people don't like the green taste.

      Delete
  3. The only time I bought quinoa was to make them into baby food. Not that my fussy babies liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U need to blend the quinoa to make into baby food, right? As quinoa has lots of fiber, I wouldn't think babies would like them

      Delete
    2. I didn't blend quinoa since the grains are so small.

      Delete
    3. Small but fibrous even though it may be cooked until soft. It is a wonder your babies didn't spit them out.

      Delete