Thursday, October 13, 2022

Kale

On Thursday 13.oct.2022, went to buy chapfan lunch at Hiong Mei chapfan eatery for the Elderlies and I ordered one Foodpanda delivery.

*** Kale ***

I read about Kale back in Oct 2018 when PH says that it is her new favourite vege but I didn't taste it until this year when I ordered the Summer Avo Salad from salad Atelier:

https://phonghongbakes.blogspot.com/2018/10/my-new-favorite-vege.html

Wed 21.sep.2022 12.24 noon - Summer Avo Salad from Salad Atelier has Kale vege as the base. I like to eat raw kale vege because it has a very slight bitter taste.

Fri 16.sep.2022 6 pm - Two Summer Avo Salad from Salad Atelier.

The above picture is from their website as mentioned here:

https://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2022/09/half-price.html?m=1

I bought this Summer Avo Salad a few times and I only received the spicy homemade salsa once but I am fine with it because I feel that this salad tastes better without the interference of the taste of spicy homemade salsa due to the spiciness.

PestaPanda promocode to get MYR 13.50 off the total bill.

Fri 30.sep.2022 6.30 pm - Salad with Kale as the vege base again:

http://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2022/09/pulled-beef-brisket-burger.html?m=0

*** Thu 13.oct.22 ***

2.11 pm - selected Kale as the base again by topping up MYR 2.4 and my must-select avocado and beetroot. There are 9 slices of smoked duck breast. 

I don't know why they chose to give pineapples in syrup which I believe to be from cans when they give fresh items for the ingredients. Maybe they are afraid that their customers won't like the stinging feeling from fresh pineapples that is caused by bromelain, a group of enzymes found in pineapples.

No dressing which is what I like.

PestaPanda promocode to get MYR 13.50 off. Received another 50% off leaflet to visit the eatery in person.

*** Hiong Mei chapfan eatery ***

11.46 am - he bought 3 packs of chapfan lunch MYR 23 for the Elderlies and himself. His dinner is pork mihun soup MYR 7.5 which I bought from Sing Yeh eatery for him when he was buying the chapfan lunch.

8 comments:

  1. I will prefer the Two summer Avo salad. Tried kale before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two summer Avo salad have kale vege as their base. The photo 1 is one summer Avo salad plated nicely.

      Delete
  2. Colourful salads. I have grown kale in my garden and tasted them. I still prefer the Chinese kai lan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you eat the kale raw or cooked? I have only eaten kale raw which I like. I have never eaten Kai lan raw.

      Delete
  3. I used to buy kale in UK. Quite cheap, tastes fine and seems very healthy due to its deep green colour.

    ReplyDelete