Thursday, October 20, 2022

Gula Melaka Chiffon

On Thursday 20.oct.2022, went to Golden Chopstick coffee shop to buy chapfan lunch for the Elderlies.

*** Wednesday 19.oct.2022 ***

2.28 pm - a mini 4 inches gula melaka chiffon cake MYR 5.80 from Kwong Wah Ais Kacang Pavilion Bukit Jalil.

7.09 pm - soft and fluffy. Just sweet enough. The gula melaka taste can just be detected.

Total price: MYR 29.4

2 for me, 1 for him.

I like the rose syrup taste. Light and fragrant. On every visit, I will eat both rose syrup abc and cendol. So yummylicious! 😋

The ABC has corns, red bean, pink agar agar, chin chau aka grass jelly and peanuts.

*** Thursday 20.oct.2022 ***

11.32 am - he bought 3 packs of chapfan lunch MYR 19.5 from Golden Chopstick coffee shop for the Elderlies and himself.

10.42 am - his dinner of braised pork knuckle. Used MYR 10 off e-voucher and Foodpanda pickup discount of MYR 4.75 off so the price paid is around MYR 6 only.

6 comments:

  1. Never had such chiffon cake. Usually I go for pandan chiffon cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the eatery bought a lot of gula melaka for the cendol ice so might as well use the gula melaka to bake chiffon cakes to sell.

      Delete
  2. I too prefer the pandan chiffon cake. Oh yes, wish I can have the iced dessert now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandan chiffon cakes are the all time favourite. I can eat iced cendol and abc everyday.

      Delete
  3. Gula melaka sounds like a nice flavour for chiffon.

    ReplyDelete