Monday, October 19, 2020

Two Beef Eateries

7.48 am - 3jc Mee Hoon from the previous day takeaway at Choy Kee. Added 2 hard boiled eggs. Shared by 2 pax.


8.30 am - my portion. Quite salty so I ate one berangan banana after eating it.


12.53 noon - fried chicken with Nasi kukus (steamed rice) from warisan Nasi kukus at MYR 8.90 nett. I asked for no sambal and no curry. The acar is hidden underneath the rice.


1.30 noon - my portion. The chicken is fresh. The acar cucumber and onion is sourish sweet so they are appetising. The anchovies and peanuts are caramelised versions so they are on the sweet side.


Finally, I found the stomach space to eat this BK cheese burger from the king box bought on the previous Sunday so it has been sitting in the fridge for one whole week.


As expected, it was kind of dry.


1.40 pm - cross section - dry but still tasty.


Bought this bottle of herbal tea at MYR 5 nett from Fah Lian herbs shop in OUG.


4.58 pm - dry Lai fun beef noodle with gravy, tripe, tendon, beef slices at MYR 9.50 nett and 3 beef balls, 3 tendon balls bought from Niu Niu beef eatery in OUG. Add-on balls  at MYR 1 each. Two to share. Also bought a pack of pork Mee Hoon at MYR 7 nett for the next day's meals.


7 pm - my portion. The Lai fun is soft so I like it and the peanuts and the bit of salted vege.

I also bought takeaway from Yang kee beef eatery for the next day's meals. Radish beef stew at MYR 11 nett and beef balls noodles at MYR 9 nett. Sunday 18 Oct 2020 d215 meals are completed.

 

18 comments:

  1. Yummy beef noodles! I have yet to try any dry version...normally had the soupy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dry version is with peanuts and salted vege which I believe is seremban beef noodle style. You can try this at Niu Niu OUG. I think you should be ok with the taste cos they got give very nice chili dip to eat with the beef Noodles dry but I didn't want the chili dip.

      Delete
  2. I had beef noodles too that day, new stall but it was not good, no beef taste...just soy sauce and the alkaline smell of the mee was so strong - I was so surprised as they do not use that to make our noodles here. Dunno where she got hers from. I just ate the meat and left everything behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, must be yellow noodles from kl then. Yellow noodles in kl have strong alkaline taste. Could eat Lai fun next time, guaranteed no alkaline taste.

      Delete
  3. One whole week? Does it still even taste good? Usually I don't eat food that has been stored for more than 1 day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste good to me. Then what do you do with the more than 1 day food? Throw? Isn't that wasteful?

      Delete
  4. Wow.. Variety of food you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So a week old cheeseburger is edible. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is when stored properly in the fridge.

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for dry beef noodles like forever! Love the ones in SG. So far only found similar ones in Seremban and the famous Yut Kee. But these aren't places I go to normally.

    Wah one week hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky niu niu is near enough for me to buy sometimes. I also like this dry peanut style beef Noodles. Never had this at your kee which I seldom go. Hahahaha kept one week only eat, supe fail.

      Delete
  7. I've never let any food stored for more than a few days! They're all usually eaten the same day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beef noodles in soup. Just the fried chicken leg is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One chicken leg is enough for the whole day? We ate the above dishes throughout the whole day.

      Delete
  9. This would be nice to try Dry Beef Noodles. Something unusual here as we always see them in soups. It is very popular in Thailand to eat them in dry meehoon or noodles,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed that dry beef Noodles are worth go eat.

      Delete