Thursday, October 8, 2020

Yeos Seri Kaya

 

I remember eating Yeo's Kaya when I was young so I bought it again to see if the taste is the same.

100 g - a small can.

Ate it with bread and butter. The taste is the same. Nice!

*** Freebies ***

Now there are two sets because I got another set foc.


There are 6 types of word to choose from: 1. Kaw kaw hero 2. CEO 3. Makcik Kiah 4. Artisan 5. Indie 6. ??? (I can't remember). I selected the cup with the word Artisan.


2 other freebies.

Bought two refill packs to get the freebies.

The two boxes contain this cookie jar, one each. The photo above is copied from online because I didn't manage to take a photo of them before I gave them away.

*** Wednesday 7 Oct 2020 d204 ***

Not my Breakfast of old cucumber soup with the braised duck with Mee Hoon.

My portion of old cucumber soup with a bit of Mee Hoon and old ginger, mushrooms and duck meat. So all the old cucumber soup is cleared now.

The longevity peach pastry has mung bean fillings instead of red bean. Taste good too.

Not my dinner of the braised pork trotter with rice and coriander.

22 comments:

  1. I am interested in the cookie jar freebie, very practical, can use to keep my digestive biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat kaya bun and kaya waffle. Toast box also got sell their own homemade kaya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toast box closed down their stall at Midvalley kl top floor food court I think.

      Delete
  3. My missus just opened a can, dunno when she bought it - don't think we're all that fond of the kaya. Nice cookie jar, matching the cups and saucers. I've a weakness for free gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A can of Yeo's kaya also? Freebies are nice so I will also buy things which I frequently use just to get freebies.

      Delete
  4. I have not tried Yeo's Kaya but will definitely pack it along my luggage for future travels again.

    I also like freebies from coffee or milk companies as they are often attractive. I remember my late father bought almost 20 big toothpaste to get free dinner plates! My mum was happy of course. Recently I saw a big sundry shop displaying a huge box of freebies for sale in Taman Megah. I guess the items were not sold out with leftovers of the freebies. They were selling every around RM2-3 each. Worth it but I didn't buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it before you bring it on your travels because you may not like the taste. Yes worth to buy 20 tubes of toothpaste to get free dinner plates because those toothpaste are a necessity, will be buying them anyway. It is not right for the shop to sell freebies. They should give the freebies to their regular customers as free gifts.

      Delete
  5. I have tried Yeo's kaya a very long time ago and I thought it was good. I have not had it in a long time. Maybe when I am in the mood for kaya, I will buy a can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I have ever try Yeo's kaya. Seldom eat kaya coz i don't have sweet tooth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. Kaya and butter with bread. Yummy. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't bought this Yeo's one for many years already. Latest purchases are from Melaka and those in plastic containers from Gardenia.

    Oh that's a lot of Nescafe freebies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The default one that we eat is the gardenia ones. Melaka kaya must be super tasty.

      Delete
    2. My latest Melaka one is from Baba Charlie. It's not as nice as the one I bought while strolling in Jonker street.

      Delete
    3. What is the brand of the nice one so that you can buy again when you go Jonker street next time?

      Delete