Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Chocolate


Bought these two types of chocolate a few months ago. Usually when standing in line to pay, the eyes will spot some promos and the hands will grab some items not in the to-buy list to put inside the cart which is exactly what they intended when putting promo items near the cashier check-out counters.

Cadbury 5 star - made in India. Milk chocolate with caramel and rice puffs embedded in soft chocolaty centre. I tried one and gave the remaining ones in the bag away.

Look at the Total sugars value.

Also bought this Durian rice puffs chocolate. The durian smell is strong to the nose but when eating it, the taste is not that strong to the tongue. Gave half away. Made locally.

The two segments with the white dot are the 5 star chocolate. The others are durian chocolate.

*** Tuesday 13 October 2020 d210 ***

Went to Swee Heng to buy takeaways and saw so many people dining in at this coffee shop. This is fish head Mee Hoon without milk in the broth at MYR 13 nett.

My portion.

Wanton noodles for lunch shared. The char siew and Wantons are buried underneath the noodles. MYR 6.50 nett.

One roll of ccf, one okra ytf and one beancurd sheet ytf at MYR 4 nett for lunch shared.

Finished the remaining mcd pie bought on Saturday. Now still need to clear the fries in the fridge the next day.

Not my dinner of instant noodles in remaining pork broth from Saturday and frozen jiaozi with siew bok choy. Too bad I brushed my teeth for the day else I would have eaten some of the instant noodles.

18 comments:

  1. Never buy chocolate, will eat once in a blue moon when somebody gives me, those relatives and friends coming home from abroad. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadbury too sweet for me. Seldom buy it. Durian chocolate? No for me. I like nuts in my chocolate. Hubby used to buy lots chocolate home when he travels but since this year, no travelling, so no chocolate supply in my fridge. My sis did bought some alcohol infused chocolate for me during CNY. Still there as no use to the taste. Kids dont take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love alcohol infused chocolates but now also I prefer chocolate ice cream to actual chocolates.

      Delete
  3. I love chocs too... but refrained, one small square is ok though! hahaha.. cannot resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer ice cream than chocolates so after trying I will give them away. Still have many squares in my fridge not eaten.

      Delete
  4. Haha Chocolates!!! I am shy to say that I still have too much chocolates in my freezer. The oldest is the London Bus series which I bought from Harrods back in February 2019!! Others were gifts but still new. My wife is not chocolate fan but I am. I would nibble when I remember them like after reading your post.

    I have seen this Cadbury Durian chocolate many times but was undecided to buy. Now I think I better eat them separately for maximum oomph! Just like the durian coffee drink made regret as it was weak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you got luxury chocolates. Yes, better eat real durian than durian chocolate. My whole fridge smells of durian when I open the packaging of this durian chocolate.

      Delete
  5. According to the packaging, the 5 stars is supposed to be full of rice puffs. Not ONE puff like in your picture.

    Good thing you continued your MCO SOP of taking away from shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have more rice puffs inside but just happened not to be shown gua. Ya, no more dine in, only takeaway. What about you? Are u dining outside in shops still?

      Delete
    2. I was happily dining out already before this new CMCO. I haven't gone out since as I had bought cooked food in anticipation.

      Delete
    3. Oh, so means u r also back to working from home in cmco.

      Delete
    4. Yep started working from home again this CMCO.

      Delete
    5. Good. Stay home stay safe.

      Delete
  6. I love Cadbury chocolate with nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not really accept dark chocolate, i once bought dark chocolate with filling (cannot rmb wat filling) during an offer, was attracted by the cheap price, in the end i threw the chocolate away as i could not accept the bitter taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark chocolate is good for health. Can give other ppl eat cos got health benefits. No need to throw away.

      Delete