Sunday, October 18, 2020

Early Rice

8.30 am - breakfast for two pax. Lotus root soup and rice are bought on the previous day. Home cooked fish with ginger and kailan. 

Tasty but the fish is a bit too salty. I suspect the fish was stored in brine immediately after being caught to keep them fresh. The fish meat is tender in large flakes.

3 x 150g of cod fish bought from Jake's Family Farm in Penang. I contacted them back in April because I didn't know that they are not in KL. Just recently they informed me that they are delivering some goods to kl and asked me whether I would like to order anything so I ordered these fish in packs with the intention to give two away and some vege.

Cooked all of them for one meal because we are afraid that they may have gotten hot during the journey and wouldn't last long and we didn't want to put them into the freezer. We also don't dare to give them away without knowing whether or not they taste ok.

Le Venue Block Menue sells them online.

1.30 pm - Bought snacks from two different nearby shop and stall. Deep fried ham chim orange, red bean pastry, kap chung, ma keok, and yam puff in two sets. Red bean and mung bean tong sui. Takeaway at about MYR 23. Gave one set away.

At another stall, two deep fried nian gao, one deep fried banana and one cekodok pisang at a total of MYR 6. We shared them. I really enjoyed eating them although they are unhealthy snacks.

6.30 pm - shared the seafood Mee hoon from Choy Kee at MYR 8 bought the previous day for dinner.

Weather is hot and I have not eaten any shaved ice since 18 March so I put the ming bean tong sui into the freezer and ate icy mung bean tong sui at 8.30 pm. Was supposed to eat half only but ended up finishing it because ice is so easy and refreshing to eat.

A bunch of 17 bananas cost MYR 13. Ate two bananas throughout the day to get potassium to counter the salt that we have eaten on this day Saturday 17 October 2020 d214. This day shall be remembered for the most high priced home cooked single dish was eaten on this day very early in the morning.
 

14 comments:

  1. Luxurious breakfast! Superlike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I don't eat rice in the morning either...except for fried leftover rice and nasi lemak, not even chicken rice - that's lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am perfectly fine with eating rice very early in the morning. Rice is all the same whether in fried rice, Nasi Lemak, chicken rice, economy rice and etc. I have no mental boundaries that rigidly sets this rice is for breakfast, that rice is for lunch and etc, no such thing for me. In fact I can eat oats for any meals through out the day so it is the same with rice.

      Delete
  3. You have just reminded me that I have not boiled lotus root soup. Nice soup for warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind eating rice in the morning for my breakfast during the weekend. Hearty breakfast you had there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only hearty but most high priced home cooked breakfast in my life I believe.

      Delete
  5. The cod is not a good buy then. Expensive is one thing but end up you're not confident they would be fresh or nice. Seems a waste to have salted it too.

    I would happily eat rice any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't expect it to be salted. At least the cod is fresh.

      Delete
  6. You were so brave to buy the cod all the way from Penang! I believe it was salted to keep them fresh.

    I have this natural sodium deficiency and have been reminded to drink salt water regularly to prevent leg cramps during sleep. Crazy me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too that they are kept in brine to be fresh. Like that, you can eat lots of salty food without getting high blood pressure, so good. Just eat salty food then no need to drink salt water. Ya, when I thought about it, kl no cod ah, have to buy from pg, I also palm face. Should buy their organic chicken by right cos that is their specialty - own farm raised organic chicken.

      Delete
  7. I have eaten rice for breakfast before bcos i am a big eater lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfectly ok to eat rice for breakfast.

      Delete