Friday, May 1, 2020

To Scoop or To Peel


Monday 27 April 2020 d41 - Time to cut the papaya bought on Saturday 25 April 2020 d39. So after cutting it into two halves, should I scoop the papaya out or just peel the skin?

I tried to scoop out the papaya but found that it is difficult to control as it is very juicy and soft so I ended up peeling the skin away and cutting it into pieces. Sweet and juicy! Ate the papaya for two days.

The peeled skins go into a compost pit and the seeds was scattered around the front yard to see whether they will grow into papaya trees or not.

Tuesday 28 April 2020 d42 - Time to cut the honey melon because due to inexperience, I put the honey melon on its side and that spot was bruised so I had to cut it though it was not very ripe yet. Since it was not that ripe, I could not scoop up the fruit but had to slice it and peel off the hard skin.

Since it is not that soft, I had to cut deep, leaving the hard meat on the skin so there was only two containers of honey melon to go into the fridge.

16 comments:

  1. I m lousy in cutting fruits too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah. Everyone can cut fruits. No rules lah.

      Delete
  2. I will peel...and cut away that part in the middle where the seeds stick on to. I've one tree growing steadily in my garden from some seeds that I buried together with the skin. Hopefully, something will come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that sweet papayas will grown on that tree.

      Delete
  3. For the big papaya, I would peel and cut but when eating those small solo papayas, I will scoop. Have you tried eating papaya with a squeeze of lime juice? It is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have not. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  4. Lately, I have been enjoying papaya and honey melon given by my neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your neighbour is so nice. Are those home grown by your neighbour?

      Delete
  5. I would peel the papaya for sure as I need to save in the fridge. I was trained to peel fruits the Thai style such as peeling one whole mango's skin into just one long thread.

    Honey melon often gave me hard flesh until I surrendered. Now I would look for ready cut pieces to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You use peeler or just knife to peel? Ya, the Honeydew Melon is a tough fruit to peel.

      Delete
    2. Wah, expert! *Thumbs up*

      Delete
  6. I'd peel and not scoop. Peeling first means work first but after that just enjoy. Scooping is doing work at each scoop and like you say, tends to be messy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For both papaya and honeydew melon?

      Delete
    2. Yes. Totally won't be scooping honeydew, too much hard work.

      Delete
    3. The skin of honeydew is tough.

      Delete