Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Nasi Kari Atuk 3-pc Combo


Nasi Kari Atuk 3-pc Combo includes a soft drink which is not in this photo. The curry gravy has a very small piece of potatoes inside and the curry tastes like the curry served with roti canai. The sambal is a bit spicy and more to the sweet side and seems to have chili and tomato sauce in it with no anchovies and no onion pieces in it. The rice has some herbs taste and luckily is not buttered rice so not-me can eat it as he doesn't like buttered rice.

I find the coleslaw a bit out of place with the theme of this combo. I ate the rice with 11 of 12 of Texas tenders and finished the curry gravy and coleslaw.

Comparison between kfc spicy chicken and mcd non-spicy chicken. One has a yellowish tinge (right) compared to the left ones with a reddish tinge. Can you guess which is which?

Ordered and paid via kfc hp app and self collect for mother's day special bargain feast 12-pc combo MYR 55.90 nett which is a very good price as it includes 12 pieces of chicken, 1 bottle of 1.5L Pepsi soft drink, 1 large whipped potatoes, and an additional foc 3 pieces of soy garlic chicken. Total price is MYR 65.80 nett after adding MYR 19.90 nett for nasi Kari Atuk 3-pc Combo.

Kfc original non-spicy chicken. The deep fried batter coating is smooth and not curly curly as in spicy chicken spicy batter coating.

Bought the 12 pieces set instead on mother's day 11 May 2020 Sunday d55.

Three different sets of nasi Kari Atuk. The one with tenders looks tempting enough as I like to eat tenders.

19 comments:

  1. I would love to try that nasi kari atuk! Yes, I saw the KFC Mother's Day ad and was thinking of ordering that. In the end, we went for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kari atuk looks good! My guessing: The chickens with yellowish tinge are from McD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Anyway i m gonna try nasi kari atuk later today😋

      Delete
    2. Why are you always up so late? Means wed lunch u will eat nasi Kari Atuk, right?

      Delete
    3. Yes. Will blog about it soon...

      Delete
  3. Wow... so many pieces.. I can eat one piece per day! hahaha... Long time I did not take KFC, ever since Texas came to Ipoh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been ages since I had KFC. I am OK with coleslaw and curry since my mum serves it like that. The can't tell which is which between KFC and McD chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok with coleslaw and curry too. Just thought it is not in the Atuk theme as I wonder how many Atuk like to eat coleslaw with curry. NuxV got the answer correct.

      Delete
  5. I missed the KFC Mother's Day promotion. I think Texas chicken is on the left side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe, comparison between kfc and mcd here only. :)

      Delete
  6. I also guess left is kfc and now i know i got it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You remind me that I wanted to try this! I thought the rice would be like nasi lemak. The chicken is normal KFC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, normal KFC original or spicy chicken - you get to choose. No, the rice is not nasi lemak. Just the normal colonel rice with a hint of spices taste - not sure what spices.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete